KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 13 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,017,869 Trump card
1,338,937 Picture Thread
477,822 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#15718 02/18/07 03:27 AM
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Its been almost 2 years since there was a case in the supreme court. The last official active faction was WOW under High Chancellor Raekwon.
Since that time we have grown apart. Many of us do our own thing with other KGBers. Still we do not have the unity to all swear to a new world.
Maybe there is just not a world out there that we all want to get in to. Our last experience as a Official Faction saw the downfall of KGB interest and ultimately, out most skilled players grew tired of the world and retired.
Many of us lust for Darkfall, which to be honest, is still vaporware. Is it time for us to pick a world and start to train in working together and knitting a close bond that will be needed in our next big challange?
Lots has changed since our last official presence. Based on lessons learned from out past combined experiences, there has been a complete rewrite of the KGB Constitution and Articles of Confederation. Faction leaders are now accountable to the membership and their terms limited and subject to review by the membership as a whole. If you havent read the changes, I encourage you to read the entire document again since its total rewrite, which was approved by the KGB Senate.
The question that I pose here is simple. Should we all agree to take part in a gaming world that existists today, to hone our skills and team work for the next big challenge?
Should all of us come together to form the trust and bonds that are needed to succeed in MMORPS's today?
Here is what I propose:
A public vote on the simple issue, then is there is sufficient demand, a fair majority choice as to what world we should use to make our training home.
Lets all work together to make the first choice:

Should KGB choose and existing World and start working together?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 02/18/07 03:26 AM

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Missing in Action - October 2021
I don't know... what I always liked about the KGB was that it had such wide scope was that someone would always be playing a game you were interested in, and you could play it together. Not necessarily how it is with a lot of other gaming guilds that if you lost interest in the game you pretty much fall out of contact with the entire guild. I don't think we should all descend upon one game/server just to hone our skills, I mean, we're a group with many varied interests, and not all of us might enjoy the game. So what, we're going to force a bunch of people with no interest in say: Vanguard, to dish out $50 plus 15 a month as well as time they may not be able to dedicate to games at the moment just to try our constitution out?

We're in a transition phase between games right now, so we're not playing right now, big deal. We have plenty of members checking the forums and relaying information to other members on a daily basis, and that's good enough for me.

That's just my take on the issue.

I think KGB Citizens should continue to work independently, but if at all possible, it should be encouraged that we play on the same server. Then again I'm trying my hand at Burning Crusade at the moment, but got dragged into a server other than Altar of Storms by some rl friends. I'm considering making a char transfer though, depending on how serious the KGB would be about winning that world-wide PvP tourney. I want to go to a live showdown in Korea o.o

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]
E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
there is no worlds to pick from unless you are wanting to go into Vanguard but from what i understand you need one hell of a machine and making a hasty decision to get into a world and organize a faction in a short amount of time with no planning can be disasterous. Anyone remember the very early days of SB,? Me and Vuldan rallied intrest in Shadowbane after a horrible beta none of us had intrest well Vuldan ignited the spark to play and we got a faction together and that part was sucessfull but all of the drama and trouble in the early days wasn't probably worth it.
While shadowbane turned out to be a success for KGB anyone who was there in the early days must remember the hardships those founding members faced.

I don't see a rush for us going into the next big game. But maybe the focus should not be on Darkfall but a game that looks like it will actually come out. Age of Conan or something of the likes.
They are coming out with the LOTRO while that isn't really KGB's cup of tea it's due out in April and while it is somewhat boring it may be something for the fans

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Forcing everyone in the guild to play the same game is a bit too much in my opinion. What if a good member of KGB HATES the game that many others want to play? That person now has to fork out $50 to buy something he/she hates, plus pay the monthly fees? That just doesn't make sense.

Quote:

They are coming out with the LOTRO while that isn't really KGB's cup of tea it's due out in April and while it is somewhat boring it may be something for the fans

After testing this game, I found my predictions to be quite accurate. It was basically EQII/WOW Itemcentricity with WOW quest rewards and EQII graphics. They basically took the holy name of Tolkien and LOTR, ripped it into pieces, and prostituted it before the masses.

I really miss the development team from 1999 that was working on Middle Earth Online. That had much more innovation and would have given Tolkien a smile from ear to ear. Of course, all the developers from that original game were fired for their "innovation" and replaced with the same ol mass-market developers, giving us the grand piece of cloned feces that is about to be released.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
i dont think that is what he meant, i think jet is getting kinda trigger happy to see kgb in large force again

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I know that's not what he meant, Elph. He's throwing options out there to see what the members think, and I voted and just announced what I think. And I edited my above post to reflect your post about LOTteRy Online.

[Linked Image]

Yeah I got into the LotR beta a few days ago, and you're absolutely right, Crim, it's shit. Add the fact that there's not even the dim hope of PvP in the future, and what's the point.

I think Crim and I see eye to eye on this one, you can't just force people to play a game. That's the whole point, it's a game, not a job. It's meant to have fun, from my impressions of what I read on the forums, I don't see me enjoying Vanguard, I don't see anyone enjoying LotR (it's just an attempt to cash in on the franchise, there isn't really enough story in there for you character to participate in for it to even be enjoyable for the fans. It's just WoW in Middle Earth, you're not aiding the fellowship, you're just trying to level, clubbing wolf puppies or whatever.) I'm personally enjoying WoW for the third time now, but i know Crimthan would just find it insulting for us to make him play a game he hate so much for example. Although much of KGB enjoys Shadowbane, another large group doesn't. Same with EVE, or UO, or any other game like that. I think we should just remain patient.

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]
Former Member
Former Member
I voted for the first option. I think that in order to be successful in the future, people need to play together to hone skills.

And the game to be played doesn't even need to be one that came out in the last year or two.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
That could possibly work if there were a guild fund for buying the game and paying the monthly fee for those members that loathed the game.

[Linked Image]

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I thought Jet said he was going to be drunk all weekend and wouldn't post... :P

I wouldn't want to force anyone to play a game and I don't think that is what Jet is implying either. However, if there were an official faction with a fair amount of people playing I'd most likely give it a try and I think others would as well.

-[KGB]- Garal TheGreat

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard