KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,986,836 Trump card
1,323,918 Picture Thread
473,873 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 119 of 125 1 2 117 118 119 120 121 124 125
Sini #145900 11/07/20 11:09 AM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted by Sini
Trump 16

More serious than horsemeat crisis.

What happened in the last 5 years was definitely more serious than a horsemeat crisis.

11/7/2020 most news outlets called it for Biden/Harris. This was extremely close election, by all accounts a flawed president like Trump in the middle of pandemic should not have been anywhere near this competitive. All polls were wrong by a large margin, Biden landslide that was expected did not materialize. More so, GOP gained Congress seats and retained control (so far, there are still run-off elections) of Senate. Such dissimilar fate of POTUS and down-ballot means that a large number of conservatives did not vote for Trump.

What does this mean for Democratic party? One - identity politics are very damaging. Even California rejected Proposition 16, that was designed to enable reverse discrimination. Two - riots and experiments with non-policing are not popular outside of radical left bubble. Both black and Latino voters turned out for Trump in record numbers. This speaks to One and Two.

The media, and this includes social media, was shown to be unquestionably biased and partisan. I don't know if journalism would ever recover. I don't know if NYT would clean up their act. Time will tell.

I don't know how many people also share my specific concerns - proposals to pack courts and increase number of senators by granting statehood to DC. I think at this point these are outside of mainstream. Hopefully GOP retains control of Senate and we won't have to find out if Biden/Harris will attempt to follow through on these promises.

[Linked Image]
Sini #145901 11/08/20 03:08 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Biden winning WH and GOP maintaining Senate may be optimal outcome. I share most of the concerns you listed, but for the time being dont think that the Senate/Court packing will occur. I do find it disturbing that many on the left simply want to lower the bar to match the GOP. Few people in any camp seem inclined to care about process, or show much respect for the opinions or values of anyone outside their own social/political circles. Why discuss, when you can demonize? Why debate, when you can gaslight?

I think one of my biggest worries had Trump won again, was his utter disregard for the principles that underpin the functioning of a republic. The type of disregard that leads him to claim that the election was "stolen illegally" without presenting any evidence. Having Bushes/Clintons being omnipresent in the Presidential conversation and their close allies continually walking through the Beltway revolving doors was bad enough, four more years of Trump may have helped the Kushners and Trump Jrs embed themselves more firmly in the DC infrastructure and larger political landscape. They may end up being recurring figures in any case, but ejecting them sooner seemed to me a better option than letting them hang around another four years.

In any case, there don't really appear to be any bright spots. It seems clear to me that we are in a state of social and political decline, and have been for some time. The question is what the eventual destination will look like, how long it takes us to get there, and whether the end result is a flavor of leftist authoritarianism, right-wing populist authoritarianism, entrenched oligarchism, or something else entirely that we have never seen before because it wouldnt have been possible pre 21st century.

Plus, not all paths leading down the mountain are created equally. Some are gently winding descents, and others would lead us over rotten rope bridges spanning bottomless chasms of annihilation.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sini #145902 11/09/20 07:19 PM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
I think in any conversation about decline we need to first agree on definitions. We can talk about decline of enlightenment values. We can talk about decline of the middle class America. We can talk about decline of manufacturing. We can talk about decline of military dominance. We can talk about decline of education. We can speculate about innovation and when to expect decline there.

Personally, I think we are heading toward technocratic oligarchy. It appears that Twitter just got away with election meddling, this will only embolden future bad actors in this space. I would like to hear what you think can be done to discourage future misbehavior.

[Linked Image]
Sini #145905 12/15/20 06:34 AM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council

[Linked Image]
Sini #145931 07/01/21 10:47 AM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Trump 16

More serious than horsemeat crisis.
Unfortunately, this is not yet over. Trump indicated that he plans to run in 2024.

[Linked Image]
Sini #145933 07/01/21 10:29 PM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Hwy Sini! You should come play Crowfall with us.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Sini #146885 10/08/21 05:53 AM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Democratic anxiety rises as Trump bid appears more likely

I think it is likely that Trump will run again and seeing disastrous Biden administration floundering, there is a good chance he is even going to win. I hope that is not the case - there are numerous much more deserving conservative candidates - but the voter base is even more motivated to re-send the FU message to Washington, and what better way to do it than to re-elect Trump.

Trump is what you get when majority of population hates the government.

[Linked Image]
Sini #146886 10/08/21 08:45 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
re-elect Trump

Not happening. Elections are now fortified in the states that matter so no one outside of the establishment will ever get elected again.

You want change? It'll have to start from the bottom. It's a generational project like the marxist one has been: get back eduction, get back medias, one worker at a time.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Sini #146891 10/09/21 05:20 AM
KGB Discord Administrator
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Discord Administrator
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
In what universe do you live in that this current administration is "disastrous"

Goriom #146892 10/09/21 06:46 AM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted by Goriom
In what universe do you live in that this current administration is "disastrous"

In the universe where you can't easily buy a new car, where at least half of local buisness shuttered, where inflation is accelerating, where largest employer in US has workers peeing in bottles, where migrants uncontrollably pour through southern border, and where political majority with control of both chambers and presidency can't even pass a bipartisan infrastructure bill because of internal squabbles and where That just domestic issues.

So yes, the universe outside of progressive social media echo chamber. That one.

[Linked Image]
Page 119 of 125 1 2 117 118 119 120 121 124 125

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard