KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#145671 12/10/18 02:51 PM
Darkon Offline OP
Band 1
OP Offline
Band 1
Hope to see the KGB Anti-Pirate armada in Atlas, do you guys have any plans for the early access release this Thursday?

Looks like they delayed it till the 19th on the Steam News page.

Last edited by Darkon; 12/11/18 12:18 AM.
Oracle Newbie
Oracle Newbie
I hope so....CotP will be there.

Throne / Ceraphim Covenant of the Phoenix "PvE servers are crazy tough. Sometimes there are fires. Don't stand in the fire."
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Hmmm, never heard f it, but I’ll look into it.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
B
Band 1
Band 1
B
Anyone remember ChewY and Instinct from UO? We got a Company and some land claimed, working on leveling our Schoomer right now.

Just thought i'd ask you guys if you want to join us, I know Jet I'd make him an Admin. We're having some trouble with these guys called The Cartel, been harassing the whole server, we got a couple guys doing piracy out beoynd our tile but we try to work within alliances and so on, we mostly only kill Chinese.

If any of you guys wanna join up with us we got Private Ownership of Boats and we will let each member get a 3x3 around our keep, we're trying to make it as many layers thick as possible.

When we get gems (none on our island) we're plannign to set the tax rate to like 25 or 24% or w/e trump has it at. The gold we take in will go to keeping the refugees paid to defend our base with cannons and flame guns.

Instinct and I had over like 5k hours in Ark in Legacy, and we quit on release mostly due to the wipe and not being able to compete with 400 man tribes. Our company is The Flying Dutchmen. This game is realy good guys if you can hold onto land, it has a big time warcraft 2 strategy feel to it.

Would be cool to have some of you old UO people back around. Those were the days guys man I can't believe how bad of kids we were sometimes. Anyways i'll be checking around here to see if any of you want to join, my discord is Bleak#1926 so just holler at me if you want a quick start into the game.

--The difference between Communism and Fascism is predicated on whether one hates one's self or "the "other."
B
Band 1
Band 1
B
Little update. We are no longer The Flying Dutchmen. We merged with Broken Bullet and made peace with The Cartel. We're all in some big alliance now.

I can no longer offer land or make anyone admin, but I don't have to no life the game anymore either, can take it easy being in a big tribe.

We're having some trouble with a Company called Dingo Pack on m14 that we played some ark with. Sadly it spilt over into personal space because one of the members who was a "friend" has room mates that are super disrespectful and use personal things we confided in this dude, and some shit posts I made 3 years ago while super high on weed I was using to help off prescription pain meds a doc had me on for carpel tunnel as troll bait in general chat.

I have no problem with the dude wanting to PVP but the shit he was pulling was the kind of stuff Instinct and I used to talk as kids, talking about wives and girlfriends, and some of the rumor monging and shit talk is getting so bad in general while i'm not even on (just hours of general chat and discord trolling) that I might have to call the dude's manager at work as part of #metoo which I don't want to do because I don't want to abuse such mechanisms. Mostly just a flash that flew through my Dread Lord self about how easy it would be to dox someone and have their shitty teenager job in this insane political climate.

Not being a total fuckwad I just banned the asshats on all social media and gaming channels and only stooped low enough to make the threat. Told them that I'd have the dude who pays their rent (it's one guy working) fired from his job at mcdonalds as the idiot gave me his name, picture, address and place of employment before his room mates went crazy sending me hundreds of messages in discord.

Just imagine if there was like #metoo back in 1997, and we jerkoff kids were stupid enough to dox ourselves and post pics of ourselves, and give the guys we had cheated to win on and slured at our home address, email, and work number. I'm sure we'd have got a beatdown then fired or vice versa. In our defence tho we were actual early teens, not almost 30 tweenagers.

The hacking and cheating going on etc... I wasn't a mature player in UO days but lol this must have been what it was like. I changed my name from ChewY and everything to get away from that persona, I really don't want to have to flash these kids with the dark side of the force and make the dude who services his community cooking french fries homeless just to stop his sex offender room mate from sexually and verbally harassing us and trying to float overblown 1/3 true rumors about some limited drug use in the past all over in general chat and online community. Must stay classy and not dip my feet in the mud...

If anyone's worried, I quit being a skiddie wannabe black hat when I actually started making money on software and gained some private property of my own, but it is making me rethink this whole #metoo online bullying thing. I could see pulling the lever if it really made the game unplayable and started affecting quality relationships. The one thing that makes it worse than UO is the general chat feature makes it reminisce of the type of crap you had in shitty oldschool AOL IRC chat. I honestly just wanted to let this silly tween know what can happen when you start confusing video game violence with real life threats, libel and slander, before his room mate pisses off someone who would dox them and talk about their "status" on stormfront or worse, some very very bad communities straight off the dark web in this game.

The dread lord in me just keeps screaming "hey idiot don't dox yourself and then demand admins of other communities force girls and "nerds" make fools of themselves on your twitch stream in the middle of the #metoo political movement to retain membership (like they wouldn't just quit tribe before doing that anyway) after you send money on paypal for quality goods you can't afford at retail you sausage flipping fry handler."

Even fucking trolls these days aren't what they used to be, rule #1 of the scumbag internet, remain anonymous. Also we already know how these things end, the entire server shows up and door camps your tower and has you make a new character in safe zone because some people need attention so much that rule #14 simply must be broken.

Last edited by Bleakwise; 01/20/19 08:22 AM.

--The difference between Communism and Fascism is predicated on whether one hates one's self or "the "other."
B
Band 1
Band 1
B
So are you guys playing?

I walked away for a while but it's a good game.

Link Copied to Clipboard