KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
You can't expect to say incoherent, illogical things here and hope I would go along with it. I would go out of my way to help you understand, but you need to ask instead of attacking. We won't move past illogical things you say until you stop saying illogical things.

In our recent discussion you called Harris alt-right. This is lunacy. If he is alt-right, then anyone right of SJW is also alt-right. Then with such definition being alt-right isn't a big deal, and probably is even a good thing. Is that what you really intended by trying to redefine terms? Somehow I don't think so.

You did in the past and continue engaging in sloppy thinking and based on that going on attack. In effect, you are charging at the windmills.

[Linked Image]
KGB Champion - Taco Salad
Originally Posted by Sini
In our recent discussion you called Harris alt-right. This is lunacy

Lunacy is continuously and unceasingly misrepresenting what I’ve actually said. I cannot engage with someone who doesn’t take the time to read what I say.

[Linked Image]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted by rhaikh
Harris et. al. are at best just enabling conservatives to prolong their avoidance of this introspection via their pseudointellectual drivel, and at worst can be legitimately blamed for being the actual ... (vanguard? storm front? I think I need a thesaurus) who are fueling the alt right.

I think I understood you perfectly when you called Harris " Stormfront who are fueling the alt right".

He then went on to debate the merits of propping up the scientific racism Murray was peddling with Klein in an effort to collect even more paychecks

Here is a quote of you further clarifying this point by directly accusing Harris of racism.

He found purchase (multiple meanings implied) with controversy. It's not relevant to this topic his ideas on atheism, what's relevant is that he has become literally a peddler of controversy, and that is the reason he is giving platform to scientific racism.

Here is a quote of you dismissing atheism as an explanation and insisting it must be racism. By doing so you also question Harris' own explanation for his motivation, compounding your attacks on him by accusing him of dishonesty.

Lunacy is continuously and unceasingly misrepresenting what I’ve actually said.

If you didn't intend to throw these accusation at Harris, what did you "actually" intended to say?

[Linked Image]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
I offer that common ground is truly made inaccessible by those denying the realities of history, and the dynamics of power which have resulted from them, from being presented as relevant to how we've ended up in our status quo. Modern conservatism wishes to maintain status quo using almost exclusively moralistic rhetoric, but refuses to acknowledge how we got there since it's morally dubious and inconvenient to their argument.

Religion is construct for the enforcement of morals and subduing progressivism, and as such cannot be fundamentally peaceful

Earlier in this thread we had a short discussion regarding "1. Islam is NOT religion of peace". How is you stating "Religion [Islam] is construct for the enforcement of morals and subduing progressivism, and as such cannot be fundamentally peaceful" categorically different from Harris' views?

[Linked Image]
Fitting my mold of liberal willing to lend exactly just enough legitimacy to the basis of alt-right ideology in order to collect a paycheck, without admitting to holding such beliefs himself

Those quotes can be summarized by this one, the one you purposefully omitted / ignored.

So given that there are two possible explanations for your misbehavior (both of which you have clearly demonstrated already in this thread in other places):
- one is that you didn't read what I wrote / you rushed to reply before understanding it
- the other that you intended to miscategorize my thoughts in order to present an argument against a weaker version of my own

having quoted the majority of my thoughts on Harris and continuing to miscategorize them shows me that you are generally more inclined to the latter, less flattering, interpretation

[Linked Image]
In case any other readers out there are legitimately confused, I will summarize one last time:

I believe Harris is popular because he is a liberal willing to lend legitimacy to the foundations of alt-right ideology. He is being paid to do exactly that. As a result, he is fueling the alt-right by justifying some people's preexisting biases with dubious "rational" reasons, leading them to seek out even more polarizing justifications (see the SPLC article linked above).

Last edited by rhaikh; 06/11/18 07:23 AM.

[Linked Image]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
In fairness to Sini, the quote above seems to exactly imply that you believe Sam Harris is a closeted alt-right'er.
Originally Posted by Rhaikh
...without admitting to holding such beliefs himself.

That's precisely not the implication, because if he were to claim alt-right ideology he would lose his audience. My implication is that he is maximizing his revenue by including the alt-right audience.

[Linked Image]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Fitting my mold of liberal willing to lend exactly just enough legitimacy to the basis of alt-right ideology in order to collect a paycheck, without admitting to holding such beliefs himself

Those quotes can be summarized by this one, the one you purposefully omitted / ignored.

So given that there are two possible explanations for your misbehavior (both of which you have clearly demonstrated already in this thread in other places):
- one is that you didn't read what I wrote / you rushed to reply before understanding it
- the other that you intended to miscategorize my thoughts in order to present an argument against a weaker version of my own

having quoted the majority of my thoughts on Harris and continuing to miscategorize them shows me that you are generally more inclined to the latter, less flattering, interpretation

Your own body of work is the entirety of evidence I need to demonstrate that you are arguing in bad faith in the above post, and this is even before you compounded by insinuations and veiled attacks. You are wrong, your views are demonstrably illogical and indefensible, and you are dishonest in arguing them.

[Linked Image]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Part 2 to the original video:

[Linked Image]
Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22