KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,986,836 Trump card
1,323,918 Picture Thread
473,873 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
I do hope it all comes sooner than later, as I think everyone hopes for too :)

Gamescon is this week, will see what news they have on Friday!

If anyone is ever around in TS I am usually idle in the SC channel when I'm free if anyone wants to chat. But I'm sure more people will be active when 3.0 drops.

Last edited by hydr; 08/22/17 07:25 AM.
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
....but daddy, I want it now!!!!

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Who all watched the livestream? I liked what I saw, sure they had some hiccups but it's nice to see it all coming together. I liked seeing the new mobiglass in action and didn't expect the facial tracking software which was pretty cool.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
I did not see the livestream but I checked out the facial tracking. It will be interesting to see how that works out. It certainly has the potential to impact the immersion aspects of the game.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
I agree and I'm sure a lot of content creators will use it to make more videos too. I can see this as an option in games in the future and pretty cool. I will definitely check it out since they said any webcam will do. I want to see how accurate their head tracking is with that software. I was thinking about getting Track IR but if their facial tracking software can get nearly as good I might skip out on Track IR.

Actually, just watched the facial tracking again from Gamescon and a Track IR video in SC. Track IR looks to get a lot more range to where you can almost turn your view all the way around (180) whereas the facial tracking seems ok to turn left right (about 75). It seems like once the facial tracking loses the points on your eyes nose face turning left right then it stops. Maybe this can be adjusted to be more sensitive.

Will keep up to date on it to see how it plays out.

KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted by Helemoto
That chart should have a percentage of how much he is butt hurt about a game in Alpha.

I a scale of 1 to Derek Smart, I am going to go with a 7.832

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted by hydr
Who all watched the livestream? I liked what I saw, sure they had some hiccups but it's nice to see it all coming together. I liked seeing the new mobiglass in action and didn't expect the facial tracking software which was pretty cool.

Other than for gesturing, can someone explain to me the purpose of head tracking? Unless you are wearing VR gear, or otherwise have a screen attached to your head that moves with you, what good does it do if the perspective moves with your head?

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Head tracking can be useful when your dogfighting. You can turn your head and track that extra bit in the canopy to your 3 and 6 o'clock, the other use it to slave gimbaled weapons to head tracking so they follow your eyes essentially

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted by Brutal
Originally Posted by hydr

Other than for gesturing, can someone explain to me the purpose of head tracking? Unless you are wearing VR gear, or otherwise have a screen attached to your head that moves with you, what good does it do if the perspective moves with your head?

I purchased TrackIR when Elite Dangerous released. I think you would be surprised how well it works with just a regular monitor setup

[Linked Image]
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Track IR and Voice command are going to be very important if you want to sword fight in space.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard