KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,986,836 Trump card
1,323,918 Picture Thread
473,873 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 63 of 125 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 124 125
Sini #141400 08/19/17 10:46 AM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Another example, I oppose removal of confederate statues. I see this as revisionism. History happened, it was much more complex than simply slavery vs. abolitionist, attempting to white wash it is not only pointless, it is dangerous, as it becomes easier to repeat mistakes that lead to a civil war. Plus, removing monuments will do absolutely nothing to fight today's racism.

Does this view makes me a Nazi/Racist fellow traveler in your view?

[Linked Image]
Sini #141405 08/20/17 08:43 AM
KGB Discord Administrator
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
No it does not

Sini #141417 08/22/17 08:20 PM
KGB Champion - Taco Salad
They are monuments to racism, not reminders of history. They were mostly erected during Jim Crow and the Civil Rights eras. The impacts of the history of slavery and white nationalism belong in contextualized museums, not outdoor public monuments. That is the line between sympathizer and historian.

[Linked Image]
rhaikh #141419 08/23/17 07:04 AM
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted by rhaikh
They are monuments to racism, not reminders of history. They were mostly erected during Jim Crow and the Civil Rights eras. The impacts of the history of slavery and white nationalism belong in contextualized museums, not outdoor public monuments. That is the line between sympathizer and historian.

^

rhaikh #141425 08/24/17 06:05 PM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council

Welcome to the human race, our whole history is racism, violence, conquest and so on. Nobody is innocent. Today we live in uniquely peaceful times by historical standards, but you can't wipe everything that came before. Trying to do that is stupid and dangerous, because lack of understand of what happened makes it more likely to repeat itself. The best way to revive Jim Crow is to pretend it never happened.

[Linked Image]
Sini #141429 08/24/17 10:59 PM
You're intentionally avoiding my point, as if I never made one. I'm saying insisting we keep monuments to racism on government lands because that is the only way we can learn from history is de facto sympathetic to the agenda of the racists who put them there in the first place. https://twitter.com/libshipwreck/status/898214705403236355

[Linked Image]
Sini #141431 08/25/17 05:35 AM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
I am not avoiding your point, I was giving you benefit of the doubt and interpreted your words in a charitable way.

You *assert* that these are monuments to racism and poison the well by insisting that there is no other possible reason these exist but to celebrate racism. Since you have done this twice, and it is core of your argument, I want you to demonstrate that these monuments: a) are there to celebrate characters uniquely racist by standards of their own time and/or b) used today to promote racism and removing them will lead to direct reduction in racism.

Again, we are not talking about tearing down statues of robed grand wizard or statue of a burning cross, we are talking about tearing down statues of historical figures.

List of statues include Robert E. Lee, who was key figure in reconstruction and who supported his wife in freeing and educating slaves.

[Linked Image]
rhaikh #141432 08/25/17 05:51 AM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Let me attempt to demonstrate historical context with a hypothetical. In 200 years humanity develops technology to vat grow meat-like substance and phases out livestock. As a result, killing animals for food and leather becomes highly unacceptable practice. Anti animal cruelty protesters decide to tear down statues of Obama everywhere because he ate meat and wore leather shoes. Would you consider this appropriate, considering that today eating meat isn't unusual?

[Linked Image]
Sini #141435 08/25/17 11:27 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted by Sini

Welcome to the human race, our whole history is racism, violence, conquest and so on. Nobody is innocent. Today we live in uniquely peaceful times by historical standards, but you can't wipe everything that came before. Trying to do that is stupid and dangerous, because lack of understand of what happened makes it more likely to repeat itself. The best way to revive Jim Crow is to pretend it never happened.

This is something we can agree on. When you make things like this out of sight and out of mind people seem to forget. This isn't something new it's everyday in the life of mankind. I do not agree with any kind of White Supremacy or Supremacy of any type. As you stated we do not get out of the racial tensions by pretending it never happened.

rhaikh #141436 08/25/17 11:29 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight

What about Grant... he owned slaves are we to take down statues of him and erase him from the books of being President?

Page 63 of 125 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 124 125

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard