KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,986,836 Trump card
1,323,918 Picture Thread
473,873 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#141161 07/29/17 08:11 AM
hydr Offline OP
Former KGB Member
OP Offline
Former KGB Member
o/

Did anyone pick one up? Which variant? Why?

I got the base variant during the initial 1 day sale. In retrospect though, after seeing the QA and looking at my Caterpillar in the hangar, the loading doors aren't really meant for ground vehicles. I heard they might have a module or rework the loading doors for ground vehicles but didn't see any confirmed info on that.

hydr #141177 07/29/17 02:16 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
o/

Not that I didn't WANT to...

But I decided that I pretty much had the ground vehicle department covered with the Usra Rover that comes with my Carrack + 2 Dragonfly + 2 Nox. I will likely pick up one or more in-game though.

From what I thought concerning the front bay of your Caterpillar, you should be able to lower that front bay door like a tailgate lift on trucks. It may not work like that in-game currently (or it may not be large enough?).

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
hydr #141194 07/30/17 02:25 AM
hydr Offline OP
Former KGB Member
OP Offline
Former KGB Member
Yes right. Someone else mentioned that the front loading door might be changed later. Will see what else they come out with. Might end up getting melted in the long run. I thought it would carry more cargo in the back. It seems a bit odd that it only holds 1scu, same as a dragonfly with no 2nd passenger as it seems like it could hold more, like 2-4scu.

Last edited by hydr; 07/30/17 02:27 AM.
hydr #141216 08/01/17 06:07 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted by hydr
Yes right. Someone else mentioned that the front loading door might be changed later. Will see what else they come out with. Might end up getting melted in the long run. I thought it would carry more cargo in the back. It seems a bit odd that it only holds 1scu, same as a dragonfly with no 2nd passenger as it seems like it could hold more, like 2-4scu.

Yes - time will tell, but it does make sense they would want to get the Caterpillar configured to work with it!

Well I think they are using a "cargo bay" where you can lock down a box/item. Throwing a box in the spare seat may be okay - but then again depends on YOUR driving! beer

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Link Copied to Clipboard