KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,986,836 Trump card
1,323,918 Picture Thread
473,873 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Oracle Newbie
OP Offline
Oracle Newbie
G
Hello all!

I am an old SB'er that discovered CF while looking for some old SB youtube videos back in late November. After SB I played WoW(don't shoot me!) for 10+ years, but didn't purchase the latest expansion. CF looked really intriguing, so I invested a little bit of money to get early access in pre-Alpha. The develops just announced some major changes last week and the game gets more and more like SB. I was reading the recruiting forums and saw the KGB post. I was never in KGB but fought alongside your guild on several banes/battles. My guild/nation was not a difference maker like KGB. I always liked what you did and still stand for. I know the original KGB post dates much earlier in the development, but I was interested to see if you still have a group of guild mates who are interested in the game, and might be actively playing in pre-Alpha.

The game has now built in Eternal Kingdoms. They changed from archetypes where you had to play a specific race to be a specific character, like a Guineacean duelist, and opened up the race/class character building. They greatly improved the graphics. If there are any KGB's currently playing in pre-Alpha, please let me know. It does get tiring playing solo. I am building an EK this weekend. My account name is Doomshadow, after one of my SB charactersG(Gaelinon is another of my main characters in SB). It is currently my only gaming option atm. If KGB does give the game a try, I would love to petition to become a member. I hope to meet some of you in game!

Gaelinon/Doomshadow

Last edited by Gaelinon; 05/20/17 02:46 PM.
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
If Crowfall somehow, against the odds, ends up as a worthwhile PvP MMO, KGB will be there.

[Linked Image]
G
Oracle Newbie
OP Offline
Oracle Newbie
G
I think it solves some of the problems of SB. By having limited campaigns with different objectives, the pain of losing an entire city or nation in a siege or war is less painful, because the permanency is not there. Also, the Eternal Kingdoms do give permanency to the cities/kingdoms that a guild or nation builds and you can control who enters them. I am not as experienced in gaming as most of your guild, but I think it is a refreshing take on some of the problems SB had. I think it brings back a lot of the community of SB, since characters will really have niches and you have to work together. The camaraderie is what I missed most in SB.

I know KGB posted on the CF forums very early on, like late 2015, early 2016, but there has been so much changes since then. I hope the people who have already invested money like myself to have early access, come check it out.

May I ask, why you don't think the PvP aspect would be any good?

KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted by Gaelinon

Pay 2 play, Gordon Walton, and shoot to aim. That is, financial motivations, the team, and underlying mechanics are counter-indicative to making PvP MMO.

[Linked Image]
G
Oracle Newbie
OP Offline
Oracle Newbie
G
Shoot to aim is tough-I admit I was always a middling PVP'er-I was good at support roles like scout and healers and terrible at melee(I play ranged casters). I prefer toggling between enemies like SB used to have.

P2P so far I don't see. At least until the race/class combo changes that just occurred, you could only train one thing per archetype even if you had(have) VIP status. So I can only train one thing on my duelist, no matter how many accounts I have. I could train other archetypes, but always one point at a time. Buying multiple one-time payment accounts($50 each) would allow you to train more than one Universal skill, like Exploration and Crafting, but those don't grant VIP status.

From everything I have read and watched in videos so far, they seem to be adamantly against P2P.

G
Oracle Newbie
OP Offline
Oracle Newbie
G
Gordon Walton, I don't know much about because I have played only a few MMORPGs.

KGB Discord Administrator
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Discord Administrator
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted by Sini

Pay 2 play, Gordon Walton, and shoot to aim. That is, financial motivations, the team, and underlying mechanics are counter-indicative to making PvP MMO.

Whats the difference really between a game like Crowfall and a game like Darkfall?

G
Oracle Newbie
OP Offline
Oracle Newbie
G
Crowfall and DF have a lot of similarities. The 2 big differences that I know of, are:

1) Crowfall has limited campaigns which have different rule sets. So where SB you could lose your city/nation and it was permanently wiped off the map-in CF after a few months(for example) the campaign ends, and then a new one begins. So I believe the permanency of the loss in SB can be overcome when a new campaign begins. There is supposed to be multiple campaigns running at the same time, each with different rule sets for winning. It tries to keep the game fresh and keep the player base from quitting the game when they lose their city, etc.

2) You or your guild can create your own Eternal Kingdom. So again this tries to address the loss of player base when a guild/city/nation was wiped off the map in SB. The EK can be open for PVP or closed-it can be a big merchant city-it allows you flexibility in what you want to create. Both of these aspects really intrigued me. I think most of us have been searching for a legitimate replacement for SB and I think this is the closest to it.

I tried DF very early on but only for a couple months, so I don't have much experience with that game.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted by Goriom
Originally Posted by Sini

Whats the difference really between a game like Crowfall and a game like Darkfall?

[yes]

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I think it solves some of the problems of SB. By having limited campaigns with different objectives, the pain of losing an entire city or nation in a siege or war is less painful, because the permanency is not there. Also, the Eternal Kingdoms do give permanency to the cities/kingdoms that a guild or nation builds and you can control who enters them. I am not as experienced in gaming as most of your guild, but I think it is a refreshing take on some of the problems SB had. I think it brings back a lot of the community of SB, since characters will really have niches and you have to work together. The camaraderie is what I missed most in SB.

I know KGB posted on the CF forums very early on, like late 2015, early 2016, but there has been so much changes since then. I hope the people who have already invested money like myself to have early access, come check it out.

Some of us are still following it, we are conducting internal discussion on it and accessing its merits.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard