Knights of Glory and Beer

Serving the online community since 1997

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Page 42 of 113 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 112 113
#140413 - 05/16/17 06:24 AM Re: Trump card [Re: Sini]  
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,260
Owain Offline
KGB Senator
KGB Supreme Knight
Owain  Offline
KGB Senator
KGB Supreme Knight

**

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,260
Utah
Update:

Yeah, bullshit #FakeNews, brought to us by the Washington Post.

The media are not disinterested neutral observers. They are active agents working against the administration, and in everything they say, they should be viewed as adversaries who will lie to advance their own agendas.

http://freebeacon.com/national-secu...ing-classified-materials-russians-false/


To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Senator
#140414 - 05/16/17 08:44 PM Re: Trump card [Re: Owain]  
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 612
Brutal Offline
KGB Knight
Brutal  Offline
KGB Knight
*****

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 612
Quote
In his meeting with Lavrov, Trump seemed to be boasting about his inside knowledge of the looming threat. “I get great intel. I have people brief me on great intel every day,” the president said, according to an official with knowledge of the exchange.


I can't decided if this is

a) an actual official quoting Trump word for word
b) an actual official giving the gist of what Trump said, but in Trump speak
c) an actual official's account of what Trump said, translated into Trump speak by a journalist
d) a journalist making up a source to claim that Trump said this, in Trump speak
e) none of the above

Moreover, I can't decide which of these possibilities is the most amusing (except for e, that would just be boring).

#140415 - 05/16/17 09:41 PM Re: Trump card [Re: Sini]  
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,260
Owain Offline
KGB Senator
KGB Supreme Knight
Owain  Offline
KGB Senator
KGB Supreme Knight

**

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,260
Utah
Well, I suspect that it is d), since the eye witness to the meeting reported that nothing classified was divulged.

Everything reported by the Washington Post came from an "undisclosed source", which may exist only in the mind of the #Journalist.

That is the problem with undisclosed sources. #Journalists can say anything they want, and there is no way to verify the story.


To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Senator
#140417 - 05/16/17 10:08 PM Re: Trump card [Re: Owain]  
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 796
Goriom Offline
KGB Senator
KGB High Knight
Goriom  Offline
KGB Senator
KGB High Knight

***

Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 796
New York
Originally Posted by Owain
Well, I suspect that it is d), since the eye witness to the meeting reported that nothing classified was divulged.

Everything reported by the Washington Post came from an "undisclosed source", which may exist only in the mind of the #Journalist.

That is the problem with undisclosed sources. #Journalists can say anything they want, and there is no way to verify the story.



That's not how Journalism works at all. I understand you are ignorant on how we do our jobs but I can explain to you later when I have the time.

Quickly, news makes its way through editors, producers, executive producers and lawyers before you get to see it. It also requires the lawyers and journalist to fact check the source material multiple times. With that being said, mistakes do happen and that's why retractions are a thing.

#140418 - 05/16/17 10:11 PM Re: Trump card [Re: Brutal]  
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 796
Goriom Offline
KGB Senator
KGB High Knight
Goriom  Offline
KGB Senator
KGB High Knight

***

Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 796
New York
Originally Posted by Brutal
Quote
In his meeting with Lavrov, Trump seemed to be boasting about his inside knowledge of the looming threat. “I get great intel. I have people brief me on great intel every day,” the president said, according to an official with knowledge of the exchange.


I can't decided if this is

a) an actual official quoting Trump word for word
b) an actual official giving the gist of what Trump said, but in Trump speak
c) an actual official's account of what Trump said, translated into Trump speak by a journalist
d) a journalist making up a source to claim that Trump said this, in Trump speak
e) none of the above

Moreover, I can't decide which of these possibilities is the most amusing (except for e, that would just be boring).


Either A or B

Trump seemed to be boasting about his inside knowledge of the looming threat. “I get great intel. I have people brief me on great intel every day,”

the president said, according to an official with knowledge of the exchange.

Also I think I need to emphasis this:

"The Post is withholding most plot details, including the name of the city, at the urging of officials who warned that revealing them would jeopardize important intelligence capabilities."


Last edited by Goriom; 05/16/17 10:15 PM.
#140419 - 05/16/17 10:14 PM Re: Trump card [Re: Sini]  
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,260
Owain Offline
KGB Senator
KGB Supreme Knight
Owain  Offline
KGB Senator
KGB Supreme Knight

**

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,260
Utah
What is the source of that quote?

Links on this stuff would be nice...


To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Senator
#140420 - 05/16/17 10:16 PM Re: Trump card [Re: Owain]  
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 796
Goriom Offline
KGB Senator
KGB High Knight
Goriom  Offline
KGB Senator
KGB High Knight

***

Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 796
New York
Originally Posted by Owain
What is the source of that quote?

Links on this stuff would be nice...



Oh you know, the story I linked before.

Not my fault you didn't read it lol.

#140421 - 05/16/17 10:57 PM Re: Trump card [Re: Sini]  
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,260
Owain Offline
KGB Senator
KGB Supreme Knight
Owain  Offline
KGB Senator
KGB Supreme Knight

**

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,260
Utah
Since that has already scrolled off the page, it would be helpful if you mentioned something like, "In the story I linked..."


To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Senator
#140422 - 05/16/17 11:01 PM Re: Trump card [Re: Sini]  
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,260
Owain Offline
KGB Senator
KGB Supreme Knight
Owain  Offline
KGB Senator
KGB Supreme Knight

**

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,260
Utah
Further, from the story you linked, you should have added, "...according to an official with knowledge of the exchange", which is yet another unnamed, unidentified (possibly imaginary) source, whose accuracy cannot be verified.

That is not a quote. That is hearsay evidence.


To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Senator
#140424 - 05/17/17 12:08 PM Re: Trump card [Re: Sini]  
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,187
Sini Online
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
Sini  Online
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
**

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,187
Reports of Trump trying to stop Flynn investigation. Body of work keep growing.


Page 42 of 113 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 112 113

Moderated by  Derid 

Page Time: 0.031s Queries: 16 (0.018s) Memory: 3.1455 MB (Peak: 3.2558 MB) Zlib disabled. Server Time: 2018-08-18 16:24:09 UTC