KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,986,836 Trump card
1,323,918 Picture Thread
473,873 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Taxman Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Just looking for folks that want to get together in-Alpha this weekend (Feb 25/26) sometime. What day/time would be best for you?

Plan is to do some "Universe" (Mini-Persistent Universe), Star Marine, Arena Commander (vs AI and/or players), and perhaps a race or 2.

I have been able to get some KGB folks together on occasion (3-5) but this weekend it would be nice if we could get MORE of us online and gaming together. Would also be a nice opportunity to talk about state of the game and what we may like to work on together moving forward.

Hopefully we can get more than 3-5 this time!

beer

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
While I would like to join everyone this weekend, I have a state Exam on Saturday so I'll be gone most of the day. Talking with Bandit earlier this morning, I would like to start getting organized events when 3.0 starts to launch. I think any earlier then that the game is still in a very developmental state and not entirely worth the effort. Hope more join you this weekend and people enjoy the Verse!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KGB TS Server Administrator
KGB High Chancellor - Star Citizen
Taxman Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Thank's Zhou, yea hopefully we can get some folks together - I will post some photos/etc here if we are able to.

I know that it is still "early" for many things that will be in the game eventually; but we do need to look at what is available and get any feedback to the developers regarding issues and gameplay. Gotta kick the tires every so often, I try to log in at least once or twice a month - just to keep an eye on progress (not just what people "claim").

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
I log in every once a major version, walk around my ships, play pew pew survival waves and then log out. The FPS never excited me as its just twitch and bang play until it's for reals in the verse and we Donk-Storm your ship.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Let me know when everyone else can participate, and I'll attempt to join. (My schedule is always complicated, but I'll do my best to join.)

I, like Tasorin, have zero interest in Star Marine FPS arena scene ... so either exploration, quests, swarms, or open-space slayings plz thx. (Spacing my friends & guildies outside the nearest airlocks is also acceptable fun.)

Last edited by Wildcard; 02/25/17 11:03 AM.

- Wildcard / Tiernan
Taxman Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted by Tasorin
I log in every once a major version, walk around my ships, play pew pew survival waves and then log out. The FPS never excited me as its just twitch and bang play until it's for reals in the verse and we Donk-Storm your ship.

True... I am not much into playing "Counter-Strike" but that "twitch" is how you are going to be boarding and attacking other folks when you do your Donk-Storm. The same mechanics, same guns, same aiming / etc. Well unless you are going to ONLY be piloting ships I suppose; but even then - to fly in a warship and not carry and practice using a firearm, would be a short fight if someone boards you!

Taxman

Taxman Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Well we got together on Saturday (Feb 25th) for a while.

Took a bit of time to get everyone together on one server (hope they work on that some more soon). It seemed like we were missing room for ONE person - so that person joined a NEW server and rest of us quit and joined that person - FINALLY we were in!

Did some Mini-PU flying around, practicing navigation, Quantum drive, landing and flight-maneuvers. Then it was on to a combat mission - and the pirates took us down a notch or two. We did work them down, but some other player showed up mid-fight and ninja-completed our mission. Grrrrr

Ah well, after Helemoto got a Black-screen of death - we opted to rejoin in Arena Commander to take on some Vanduul for flight combat drilling. We made it to wave 8, better luck next time! Elorme and myself met up in a private flight area to do some more targeting and flight/handling practice.

Overall - had a blast! Hope more people can come join us next time! Threw the photos up on imgur - because of the size (hopefully link works for everyone). If you want to see them full-screen there you can (hit F11 and click on a photo).

http://imgur.com/a/9ohE5

Taxman

(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
Nice, glad to hear!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KGB TS Server Administrator
KGB High Chancellor - Star Citizen
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Great story

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Some of us have been messing around, even if just doing Vanduul/Pirate sims, almost every weekend. Once they make it a bit easier to do stuff as groups (like actually get into the same instance w/o having to join/rejoin a dozen times, we should do more stuff as a group. ;D

- Wildcard / Tiernan
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard