KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Decon Black
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,988,697 Trump card
1,324,443 Picture Thread
474,043 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
OP Offline
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
So ESO has a free weekend and 1/2 off sale going.

I've been convinced to go check it out by a few people to see a lot of the changes.

This is not a hype, nor a recruitment thread. It is informational only.

If interested, there are several KGB spread out. A few are Ebonheart, and a few are Daggerfell. Other more established veterans have toons in everything.

My grading after a few days of play and solely grading on current iteration. I am level 38 at the time of this post.

Overall grade: B (keep in mind I have not gotten to the PvP yet post changes)

PVE:
Enjoyable.

I was currently streaming BF1 and Skyrim so being bored with Skyrim single player was the tipping point once people told me to quit being a bitch and try the game.

The key selling point for me is the way that grouping and playing are all normalized based on zone. You can group with anyone at any time (barring veteran dungeons unless your friends are willing to carry you) and the game scales mobs and zone events to the group leaders level for dungeons, or my guess is a happy medium for open world.

Any characters can play together in PVE but your factiond ecides who you play for in PvP. So it is DAOC like in that respect.

Questing is on par with Skyrim albeit a bit repetitive at some points but that's questing in every game. The main line and expansion lines are really immersive with the side quests being what everyone expects from side quests.

It's fun enough for something to do if you are looking for some Elder Scrolls style questing or dungeon crashing.

The only thing I can say about the PvP is that I can't say anything about it because I have not gotten there yet. The little bit that I can say is that I have spent a good 60% of my playtime theory crafting builds and tuning sets. Everyone knows how crazy I am for that so int hat regard I'm having fun.

On my current MMO scaling list I put it as follows.

Themepark/rvr
ESO > GW2 > WoW > BDO > CU

Cannot compare it to sandboxes so I won't.

In service to KGB,
Donk

EDIT: PS. SKYRIM IS FOR THE NORDS.

Last edited by Donkleaps; 11/18/16 08:58 AM.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
I played Elder Scrolls Online for a bit. It did not hold our interest for long. PVE started as pretty good but soon learned that dungeons were practically non-existent. Each mini-dungeon is essentially a copy of the next. Once you hit level 50 (I think it was was 50) then they give you a grindy route to get 5 more levels. Never made it pas that point. Do not remember any PvP in the game at all.

Last edited by doggernaut; 11/29/16 05:28 PM.
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Nice, sorry I was late to the party on this one. I played ESO for quite a bit actually before being pulled into the wallet sucking hell also known as AA. Heidi actually had the best focus and most investment in the game.

The PvP was actually a lot of fun, DAOC and GW2 style, at least when I played. Classes were relatively balanced at the time, with notable exceptions in the usual bow users will rape you before you can find them kind of deal.

I would completely disagree with Donks line...having played ALL of those as well, it would be for me more:

BDO > ESO > GW2 > WoW > CU

I rank this, as most folks did not/have not given BDO a chance. The grind turns them away and the false accusations of pay to win keep them away. Shame, it is a deep game for PVE and PvP is a lot of fun if you can stay the course in the higher level grind. Most cant.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
If your goal in BDO is uber gear, that will take a while. Suffering from OCD-Shiny Syndrome doesn't help with that.

If you play to enjoy the game with your battle brothers and sisters without obsessing about gear, it's a lot of fun.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council

Link Copied to Clipboard