KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 40 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,018,041 Trump card
1,338,954 Picture Thread
477,838 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#139005 11/21/16 03:52 AM
hydr Offline OP
Former KGB Member
OP Offline
Former KGB Member
Why buy the Prowler?!

Someone asked this question on the forum and linked this video, gave me a laugh :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOZ-w3hbF8M

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Hehe yep - that is basically what the Prowler will be good at!

I dunno how the ship to ship boarding will be done, other than EVA'ing over. I didn't see any coverage of a "breach" collar or anything to board other ships (other than mention of lower signature/etc for sneaking up).

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
hydr Offline OP
Former KGB Member
OP Offline
Former KGB Member
Hope they do a Q and A!

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
They started gathering questions for one yesterday.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/357202

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
And here's Prowler Q&A Part 1:

Prowler Q&A Part 1

Last edited by Wildcard; 11/23/16 12:42 PM.

- Wildcard / Tiernan
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
They are still gathering questions for a part 2 as well..

Taxman

hydr Offline OP
Former KGB Member
OP Offline
Former KGB Member
Yah, after reading QA1, it confirmed my thoughts already. Dedicated stealthy troop drop. Very focused role. Probably won't be able to hold a dragonfly or if it can, it is not recommended. I'll earn one in game most likely to fill the role when needed.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I am resisting it as well
its not a real Prowler anyway just a human knock off with luck we will be able to get the real thing in game

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Q&A 2
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15614-Esperia-Prowler-Q-A-Part-2

answers a few boarding questions

Can the grav levs be reversed and attach the ship like a magnet to the hulls of other ships.

We are still developing the systems needed for ship boarding, but the intent is to have the Prowler as a key boarding ship. This will likely use a variation of what you have described above, but we do not want to promise exact details until the boarding system is finished.

Does the Prowler have any docking capabilities?

If you mean ship-to-ship docking, no. That kind of boarding approach is not in line with Tevarin practice, which much preferred their airshielded Deployment Portals and elite training to optimize their effectiveness. Installing a physical docking hatch compatible with human standards of the time was not deemed a good use of the ship’s mass or internal volume budget. As per their philosophy, Esperia decided not to alter or diminish their Prowler’s experience and design choices by compromising other features in order to install a contemporary docking hatch.

This is more of a physics question. With the Prowler being able to sneak up on large ships to deploy EVA troops, are there plans to allow crew members who exit a ship to retain their velocity? With the current unrealistic system of slowing down to a standstill after jumping into a friction-less vacuum, I feel it’ll be near impossible to board unless the captain of the ship is AFK.

We spoke with John Pritchett who said the EVA friction is a bug. We do plan to address this bug at some point. Of course, even if you retain velocity upon exiting a ship, that by itself doesn’t necessarily make boarding another ship at speed easy, either. We’re as interested as you are in seeing just how good you can get at it – and under what conditions.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
ok caved in and got one

I still think lining up docking ports on a moving ship is impossible but this ship on the face of it will just have to ram the other ship it will then stick to it and the boarders will get out and walk to the docking port

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard