KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,986,836 Trump card
1,323,918 Picture Thread
473,873 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I bought a cutlass black and downloaded the game last night on run with my 260 so once the new card gets here I'll be in game u signed up for the Corp as well

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Ifantis
I bought a cutlass black and downloaded the game last night on run with my 260 so once the new card gets here I'll be in game u signed up for the Corp as well

Good to see/hear from you again man. Not sure you remember me in DF but good times, lol.

SC is not full yet and they are getting closer. It's gone to the wayside for me until they get farther into the game. I know lots here have more interaction but for me I didn't want to burn out on the dogfighting vs bots early on.

Glad on your return mate!
~Icky

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I got my card today my friend mikirugi signed up for the kgb site yesterday and his application hasn't been put up for sponsorship yet is Val still doing them?

KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Yes, Val is still processing Apps. If you don't see it up by Monday, send Romeo a PM on the Oracle and ask nicely for him to process it.

Most of us are just waiting for this title to be ready. No one really wants to play through all the Alpha iterations. Most of us check back in every month-ish or so, update the client, run around for 30 mins, fly a mission or three and call it good.

I expect that SQ 42 will be live prior to the PU and people will be able to play through that AAA title while they wait for the PU to get through Beta to live launch.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
The monthly update is out https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15364-Monthly-Studio-Report
this bit caught my eye as i know this is an issue with some people

"Full-Body Experience: we also invested a lot of time to improve the full-body experience in first person. Our main goal was to make the head-bobbing customizable. In Star Citizen the head-bobbing is a natural side-effect of the mocap data, because third- and first-person are using the same animation. To make the controls as smooth and precise as possible, we implemented a new IK-solution to eliminate all unwanted effects from the 3rd person body animations on the first person view and weapon handling."

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I am going to play this, I guess you guys have been trying it out already? Im jelly.

[Linked Image]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: Instrument
The monthly update is out https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15364-Monthly-Studio-Report
this bit caught my eye as i know this is an issue with some people

"Full-Body Experience: we also invested a lot of time to improve the full-body experience in first person. Our main goal was to make the head-bobbing customizable. In Star Citizen the head-bobbing is a natural side-effect of the mocap data, because third- and first-person are using the same animation. To make the controls as smooth and precise as possible, we implemented a new IK-solution to eliminate all unwanted effects from the 3rd person body animations on the first person view and weapon handling."

Star Citizen: Sneak Peek - Vision Stabilization

KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
They still never emphasize the 400 lb gorilla in the room. This game is going to come down to hit detection, latency and balancing. I never doubted they could roll out amazing eye candy with all the money and vision they have. Yes it's pretty, yes they are progressing, but until they can prove they have addressed the core netcode, server load, load scaling, define instancing in space/fps, nail hit detection and balancing (which is never finished), than it's all just hawt centerfolds holding mugs of beer that you can't bang or drink.

Best summation article I have seen to date about the back history and story of how this title has evolved. I felt the author did a decent job balancing retaining access to CIG while being critical and honest where it was needed. Straight up CIG has put effective "gag orders" in there employment contracts and outsourcing deals. Emperor Roberts won't have you making public statements to the press about any issues. Really, its his wife imho opinion behind the scenes being the shrewd business person. The only thing positive I can say about her so far is that she resisted the internal demand to release this game in pieces and monetize it along the way akin to most titles today. Give them 40% of the game at full price and then day one DLC them for another 70 bucks (EA, yea that's you).

Article: KOTAKU: Star Citizen; a troubled development

Last edited by Tasorin; 09/23/16 05:00 PM.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I am guessing that after CIG was asked to comment on the KOTAKU story before it was published they rushed out to get
Chris interviewed with "friendly" media otherwise the timeing is very strange anyway here is the newest chris interview with GN

Last edited by Instrument; 09/24/16 12:05 PM.
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Yes, GN is paid media.

No, its not coincidental when Chris's wife is involved.

The meta is strong with her, be wary. This should be Erin's theme music.

In all fairness though, CIG has done a great job reigning in the outhouse dev studios and there is several strong voices with the final vote that have declined to release a game 30% complete and then monetize the remaining 70% of the game with stretch goals.

I continue to hold out hope that SQ42 is the front end physical hype machine for the PU and we get SQ42 a solid 6 months to a year before the PU. This would allow CIG to monetize SQ42 during that year, and if it was a solid stand alone, I would pay for the additional content that was never part of any promise goal. All they have to do is hard cap any type of skill gain system in SQ42 that can transfer out to the PU on day one. There shouldn't be any PU credit earning in SQ42 anyways, that only really leaves fluff badges/achievements and any individual skill gain. Simple and easy while keeping the immersion monkey crowd happy, creating another revenue stream, all while allowing the Citizens a good amount of time to get ready to FLY and PEW PEW!

Last edited by Tasorin; 09/24/16 01:29 PM.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard