KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#138336 09/15/16 12:16 PM
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
STAR CITIZEN DREAMS

Great find Taxman!

http://meninatub.com/my-star-citizen-dream/

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
At this point I would settle and be happy for a title that isn't shipped as a half broken, horrible balanced, micro pay piece of crap.

I am actually really looking forward to SQ 42 release prior to the Live PU. I would expect that they will DLC SQ 42 as time goes on to continue to monetize it, but as long as its a solid Freelancer III, they can have my money and I will be happy and entertained.

Is that so much to ask anymore?

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Games are becoming increasingly complex because gamers demand that complexity. Gamers also demand that games be released quickly. These are contradictory requirements.

Good, fast, or cheap. Pick two.

When Good comes to mean complex, when you choose complex probably neither of the other two are possible.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
(GM2) Chief of Staff
KGB Federal Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
(GM2) Chief of Staff
KGB Federal Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
thats the good thing about having money ahead of time.. they have the money so they dont need to rush to release something to get more money to continue to develop their game. most companies seem to be using the "i got a little monies to make half a game but im gonna hype it up and pre-sell to get more monies to hopefully finish developing the game and then if it does well we keep developing"

It seems like star citizen is getting built the old school way where they just do their thing at their own pace and dont really worry too much about the crowd pressure. I know a lot of people dont like blizzard but they have always been good at making games this way.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
@JetStar - You are most welcome. I thought the BLOG post was SPOT on, and definitely worth sharing!

Originally Posted By: Tasorin
At this point I would settle and be happy for a title that isn't shipped as a half broken, horrible balanced, micro pay piece of crap.

Indeed - so far I am VERY impressed with Star Citizen, even though it is "work in progress" and very much ALPHA. Sure, it has a ways to go.. but Squadron 42 is also using a lot of the base engine code/models, so "technically" we should have that in our hands; hopefully by the end of year (or soon thereafter). There will be episodes of that to play before Star Citizen releases anyway!

The other thing is; I have never been so CLOSE with any other game/project that I paid for (pre-release, beta, or otherwise). The developers, support people, fans, everyone is enthusiastic and supportive of the project. They release a TON of information, I almost feel sorry for folks whom have NOT be following them over time and are just now trying to find out more about Star Citizen / Squadron 42. It must be like drinking from a fire hose! Years of weekly updates/posts/information/videos/interviews!

I am actually really looking forward to SQ 42 release prior to the Live PU. I would expect that they will DLC SQ 42 as time goes on to continue to monetize it, but as long as its a solid Freelancer III, they can have my money and I will be happy and entertained.

Is that so much to ask anymore?

Actually, it is very much looking like the "Freelancer" that he wasn't allowed to "finish" and then some!

Speaking of Star Citizen... I am planning to put a play-time together this weekend on Sunday (1PM MST), if anyone is interested in joining in!

beer

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council

We won't get this for as long as people are enabling vaporware and alphaware via kickstarters and pledges. Why would you actually ever release anything if you could cash-in selling promises? It is not like you could over-promise if you don't ever intend to deliver.

[Linked Image]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
someone has to fund the dream or it will not happen

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Instrument

Definitely true - this is not a "Publisher" title, it is purely backed by the players. I suppose this is a +/- thing, as it is not being forced to some "Christmas Launch Deadline" and other such crap that Publishers demand. They ARE working on the game using the money we provide - I am excited to see it release, but also will be HAPPIER if they do it when it is READY. In the meantime, supporters get to play with and playtest Alpha builds and report issues.

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
Originally Posted By: Taxman
Originally Posted By: Instrument

Definitely true - this is not a "Publisher" title, it is purely backed by the players. I suppose this is a +/- thing, as it is not being forced to some "Christmas Launch Deadline" and other such crap that Publishers demand. They ARE working on the game using the money we provide - I am excited to see it release, but also will be HAPPIER if they do it when it is READY. In the meantime, supporters get to play with and playtest Alpha builds and report issues.

I agree with this. In more recent years, games are continually being released in worse states, ridden with extensive bugs and game breaking problems. While the game has taken longer than planned as long as they release it when its ready, I'll be happy. I can wait till then.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KGB TS Server Administrator
KGB High Chancellor - Star Citizen
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Obviously, not a new problem, but game companies producing PC games are outmatched by companies producing games for consoles where they can produce a game for a single known platform making them much easier and cheaper to bring to market. That being the case these games will have fewer bugs and bigger payouts. I get the feeling the PC market has just been struggling to survive. If this is true, then crowd funded solutions such as we are seeing here will be more common.

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard