KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 14 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Aviendha
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,002,032 Trump card
1,336,056 Picture Thread
476,615 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Taxman Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Great to HEAR Chris Roberts specifically talk about this.

A few questions later... he talks more about instancing and fleet ops "scouting ahead".

Link to YouTube - 10 for the Chairman https://youtu.be/FkjfyVDhzNs?t=12m40s

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
I wonder how they are going to work that. If orgs will be able to war dec other orgs like in eve. And curious how they will work the instancing. I really hope if people decide to head out to lawless space that they don't allow them to use the slide bar to avoid being put in the same instance as other people as there would be no risk to their reward. Instancing a high sec area because of overflow I don't see as a problem.

KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Hydr, the back room said the same exact thing to CR and Wingman about 10 months ago. We will see just how much they listen. We all know no matter what system they put in place, dickheads will game the system for gain and grief. You can't fix the communities, so fix it in your client.

There has been an ongoing raging conversation (kind of like Drak's hemroids) that Citizens are going to use the sliders and the POI as a means to hide or to grief. The intent was to make the best damn space pc game ever, not a pve hideout fag fest for griefers and carebares.

The multi-org cave in to the white knights and immersion monkies is going to cause tons and tons of tears. The question is going to be are you going to be subject to the system or use it to your advantage and rule the space truck lanes.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Taxman Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Indeed - From what it sounded like to me, once you DID something bad, there will be a bounty up on your head (regardless). I am thinking once that happens you can't "carebear" up and move your slider to "safe". Much like the aggression/retaliation timer in EVE.

It also sounds like it won't be just the players to keep things in line (like US) - we will also have the 90% AI's to contend with whom will also want to collect bounties.

Thinking outside of the box - seems like a good opportunity for use to hire out as protection... keep them "carebears" safe and our lanes clear! :-)

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Yes, numbers will matter in this title. To a diminishing return predicated on how many fuck sticks you can shove into an instanced area of space.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
There is a Gamer's Nexus Video where CR talks about how they will work instancing. It doesn't answer all the questions I have but cool to hear how they will work it.

*Derid if you have time, watch this video as we talked about this the other day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0r6aOasFEQ

Taxman Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
[quote=hydr]There is a Gamer's Nexus Video where CR talks about how they will work instancing. It doesn't answer all the questions I have but cool to hear how they will work it.

Nice - watching it now.

Taxman

Link Copied to Clipboard