KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 40 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,018,041 Trump card
1,338,954 Picture Thread
477,838 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#13212 12/01/06 02:39 AM
Chez Offline OP
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
All I ask is that before any judgment is made, weather it be positive or negative, is that everyone would read what I have to say and then comment on what you think about it. I don’t want this post to turn into a flame war or an argument between beliefs, because that would just divide us as a guild. I am also not totally sure weather this topic has come up before in the past before I joined KGB, so bear with me.

I was wondering what everyone would think about integrating a type of chaplain corps into KGB. We are organized as a military unit, and I think that if done right, we could successfully integrate this division to expand the ranks of KGB, like many real life military units do today, and have in the past.

Over the past 3 months I have spent in Kuwait, I feel that I have learned very much about what I believe and have grown in my walk with God. I also see now that discussing these things should not be something to fear, but that it should be brought up because it is an important subject and a dying topic in America today. I feel that it would be great to have a place to discuss these things with the friends I have made in KGB, because trying to discuss these topics online with random people and no moderation of any type is very difficult. Also, most of the people I am around every day rarely want to have an in depth discussion about their beliefs. I would like this to be a place where people can freely choose to discuss, debate, and compare real world beliefs and thoughts. I feel that while many of us may disagree with others opinions and beliefs, we can still talk about it maturely and that these differences will not divide us, and may even draw us together.

All I would be asking for is possibly a title or position be added to the ranks of KGB (by vote) and a forum dedicated to this topic. I would be representing what I believe and not every belief or religion out there. I also think that anyone who would want to become a chaplain to represent their beliefs would be free to do so. I would definitely post some stickies about what I believe in, as well as some different religious and scientific topics that i feel i am knowledgable enough to discus. Anyone else could post anything they feel like discussing. I would reply and post as often as I could, even though I might not be able to be the forum troll king at the moment, being deployed and all. This forum will not be a place where you will get one sided arguments shoved down your throat. I enjoy hearing about what others believe, and also asking questions about it. I also don’t think that the rank needs to be role-played out in any games we play, or that the chaplain rank should boost or raise your seniority above other ranks. I would like to be someone that people can go for questions they have or for anything else they want to talk about, just like a chaplains role in the real world.

I would still like to discuss more about what this rank would mean and how would be attained or awarded.

I do think that this is an important issue today and maybe we could put some thought into it, and eventually put it to an official vote. Tell me what you think of this idea.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Chez #13213 12/01/06 05:38 AM
Missing in Action - October 2021
I'm neutral about it, I wouldn't really care if it gets made or not, though I guess if there is high interest in it then I'm all for it.

Damn, just as I was thinking of role-playing a chaplain you said not to. How raw would it be to be fighting some massive battle in DF, and all of a sudden the second someone dies a chaplain disengages from their opponent, kneels by the corpse and starts giving that death prayer that they say about a dozen times in Boondock Saints?

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
This is an interesting idea. The open forums have always supported free discussion on any topics, so I'm not sure that a special position is necessary, but I would not be opposed to it, myself.

Owain #13215 12/01/06 12:59 PM
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
im down for it, whether its rp'd or not... fellowship amongst the brethern needs organization, just like speaking in tongues is useless without interpretation.

or perhaps discussion on the forum somewhere if we dont have the chaplain role.

hydr #13216 12/01/06 01:32 PM
Personally, I don't like the idea. I don't think a position in the ranks needs to be created for this. If an additional forum were created for such a reason I would be in full support of it, mostly because I'm very anti-religious and hate discussing it with friends and comrades because I get fiery and angry and it isn't pretty. If there were a new section in the forums were created it would be much easier for me to ignore.

[Linked Image from zandadev.com]
Chez #13217 12/01/06 02:43 PM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Quote:

All I ask is that before any judgment is made, weather it be positive or negative, is that everyone would read what I have to say and then comment on what you think about it. I don’t want this post to turn into a flame war or an argument between beliefs, because that would just divide us as a guild. I am also not totally sure weather this topic has come up before in the past before I joined KGB, so bear with me.

I was wondering what everyone would think about integrating a type of chaplain corps into KGB. We are organized as a military unit, and I think that if done right, we could successfully integrate this division to expand the ranks of KGB, like many real life military units do today, and have in the past.

Over the past 3 months I have spent in Kuwait, I feel that I have learned very much about what I believe and have grown in my walk with God. I also see now that discussing these things should not be something to fear, but that it should be brought up because it is an important subject and a dying topic in America today. I feel that it would be great to have a place to discuss these things with the friends I have made in KGB, because trying to discuss these topics online with random people and no moderation of any type is very difficult. Also, most of the people I am around every day rarely want to have an in depth discussion about their beliefs. I would like this to be a place where people can freely choose to discuss, debate, and compare real world beliefs and thoughts. I feel that while many of us may disagree with others opinions and beliefs, we can still talk about it maturely and that these differences will not divide us, and may even draw us together.

All I would be asking for is possibly a title or position be added to the ranks of KGB (by vote) and a forum dedicated to this topic. I would be representing what I believe and not every belief or religion out there. I also think that anyone who would want to become a chaplain to represent their beliefs would be free to do so. I would definitely post some stickies about what I believe in, as well as some different religious and scientific topics that i feel i am knowledgable enough to discus. Anyone else could post anything they feel like discussing. I would reply and post as often as I could, even though I might not be able to be the forum troll king at the moment, being deployed and all. This forum will not be a place where you will get one sided arguments shoved down your throat. I enjoy hearing about what others believe, and also asking questions about it. I also don’t think that the rank needs to be role-played out in any games we play, or that the chaplain rank should boost or raise your seniority above other ranks. I would like to be someone that people can go for questions they have or for anything else they want to talk about, just like a chaplains role in the real world.

I would still like to discuss more about what this rank would mean and how would be attained or awarded.

I do think that this is an important issue today and maybe we could put some thought into it, and eventually put it to an official vote. Tell me what you think of this idea.

Chez,

I would like to present this as a Bill to the KGB Senate. I am in the process of appointing a new Chairperson of the Senate as we are now voting on the final changes to the KGB Constitution.

I would be happy to sponsor this one in the mean time. Anyone who feels strongly about their religion could serve, and we would provide its own forum for those who widh to be involved, and those that do not do not have to take part. I know for a fact that we have many people who are deeply religous in KGB.

I will work on this over the weekend and post the Bill for public viewing and Senate review and voting.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
JetStar #13218 12/02/06 03:19 AM
Chez Offline OP
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
Thanks Jet, I appreciate it.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Chez #13219 12/02/06 07:36 AM
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
I agree with Slinger, if private forums wish to be made I'd be all for that, those who wish to not have said forums show up on their list can choose to do so.

And also like he said, as far as making a KGB rank for it, I don't see that being in KGB theme since we have the "Church of KGB" created back in Shadowbane and if a rank were to actually be created and worn in our future games like DF, they should Role play a priest of our KGB order instead of preaching christian doctrine or Islam.

These are my feelings on the matter, I want to keep KGB light and free spirited, not centered around RL topics whether its religion, politics, or race.

"It's not enough to win... others have to lose."
-Stephen Colbert 'Colbert Report'
Hall of Fame record
Raekwon #13220 12/05/06 06:32 PM
Former Member
Former Member
I'm pretty neutral to the idea. I'm not really interested in spending time reading debate about beliefs anymore on the Oracle (too many arguments and bad blood came out of it for me).

However, one of my favorite KGB experiences was talking with Java over teampspeak during Shadowbane one weekend. He's got some really bizarre ideas about the world, but I respect that he was willing to talk about them and that people were willing to listen to him. Definitely a good guy in my book.

I'd rather have these kind of conversations over voice anyway--you connect better and are less likely to take or make offense when someone is having a conversation in real time than over the boards.

Long live Java, practitioner of law.

When your King calls you to action, will you hear the call?

Valentein #13221 12/05/06 09:07 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Kinda sorta agree with Val here. Not really "opposed" to the idea, but voice is def a better venue than forums IMO.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard