KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 21 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Aby
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,006,392 Trump card
1,337,631 Picture Thread
477,262 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Star Citizen Executive Producer Quits, As Dev Opens New Office

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-citizen-executive-producer-quits-as-dev-opens/1100-6428662/
Quote:
Star Citizen executive producer Alex Mayberry has quit developer Cloud Imperium Games. Mayberry leaves the team just a week after the game's FPS mode was delayed indefinitely; his future plans are unknown.

Mayberry left Cloud Imperium Games at the end of June for "personal reasons," a representative for the company told GameSpot today.

Global head of production Erin Roberts will take over many of Mayberry's responsibilities.

"We were sorry that Alex had to leave the CIG family," the representative said. "No impact at all on development. In fact, it's full steam ahead for us."

Game Informer first reported Mayberry's departure.

Mayberry was one of Cloud Imperium Games' most high-profile new hires when he was originally brought on to the team in May 2014. He came to Cloud Imperium Games from developer Blizzard Entertainment, where he worked for more than a decade on the World of Warcraft and Diablo franchises, among others.

At Cloud Imperium Games, Mayberry was responsible for overseeing all development on Star Citizen. He was also charged with managing the company's worldwide development studios. Mayberry reported directly to Star Citizen creator Chris Roberts.

"After 10 years at Blizzard, I didn't think that there was anything that could ever get me to leave," Mayberry said back in May 2014 about joining Cloud Imperium Games. "But then Chris invited me to come check out Star Citizen, and after seeing the game and listening to Chris talk about his vision, I knew that I had to be a part of it."

Star Citizen is the most successful crowdfunded project--of any kind--in history. Its crowdfunding campaign originally began in October 2012 and to date, gamers have backed the project to the tune of $84.9 million.

Development hasn't gone entirely smoothly, however, as the game's first-person shooter mode, Star Marine, was recently delayed indefinitely due to an array of technical troubles.

Cloud Imperium Games also announced today that it has opened a new studio in Frankfurt, Germany. The team is currently made up of "some of the top engineers, artists, and designers in Europe," some of whom actually created the CryEngine technology that powers Star Citizen, the company said in a a press release.

CryEngine was created by Crytek, which is based in Germany, suggesting Cloud Imperium Games has hired away some staffers from that company.

The new Cloud Imperium Games studio in Frankfurt currently has 21 people on the team, but it hopes to have around 50 total employees by the end of the year. A list of open positions is available here. The new studio adds to the developer's existing offices in Los Angeles, California and Austin, Texas.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
It seems a lot of the people working on the project use it to generate so reputation with all the videos and webcasts they do. Its like a live interview to people. That or they burn out with the continual workload. They are behind and they have a mountain of tasks to get done on small pay.

Though Mayberry left for personal reasons so hopefully whatever the reason everything is ok and it was handled well.

Last edited by Zhou; 07/08/15 04:44 PM.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KGB TS Server Administrator
KGB High Chancellor - Star Citizen
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

"Leaving for personal reasons"

Right as a key deliverable is scuttled due to lack of proper planning and execution.

I told everyone a long time ago that the technical decisions made for this game were going to lead them into a bad spot. Honestly I wish I had been incorrect, but so far things are not looking up.

Hopefully they get their shit together, its not like they dont have the funding.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Z
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Z
And here I was hoping for something playable before 2020. I have purposely not kept in the loop on this game because I tend to get excited at the concept and really look forward to it.

I'm less worried about my monetary investment and more so just hope that the game turns out to be what we all want it to be. It's such a great concept but there's a big difference between what is on paper and what the end result will be. Here's hoping this change is for the best.

-Hadrik Hardhammer, FFXIV | -Zsane, Archeage (Retired) | Steam: KGB Zane | E-mail: Zane@ecsinc.com | Currently on Tap: Empty Keg :(
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
I am as invested as I am going to be. It's time for them to deliver.

Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
We have been saying it all along. Stop promising shit and deliver on the core game and its necessary core elements. Everything else you promised after that is nothing but sprinkles and hot fudge. This is where I think CR and some of his PR hype train employees got the better of themselves and became addicted to stretch goals and funding tote boards.

Time will tell. I have no problem giving them 2 years to sort this out and deliver an amazing title to be enjoyed for a long period of time. The marketplace needs a home run in the next couple of years or all this pre funding is going to dry the fuck up.

Originally Posted By: Ben Lesnik

‘Feature creep!’

I don’t have much to say to this, beyond that it’s not accurate. At this point, we are not adding additional features to the plan, we’re building out the ones we’ve already scheduled. I’ve seen some recent posts about how Chris’ “first person universe” is at odds with the original Kickstarter-era plan… and that’s again not the case. It’s a more recent way of describing what he wants to accomplish, but everything we’re working on is still what was pitched back then: Privateer-style persistent universe, Squadron 42 single player game, first person boarding and so on. (A desire to avoid feature creep is exactly why we stopped doing stretch goals, despite being aware that they drive revenue.)

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Im about to sell my account. Seriously.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
All I have in Star Citizen at this point is my one ship. I will hold it until release in hopes that I have some more interest to play at that time; however, as of now, I honestly do not see myself playing the game.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: Romeo_Montague
All I have in Star Citizen at this point is my one ship. I will hold it until release in hopes that I have some more interest to play at that time; however, as of now, I honestly do not see myself playing the game.

Your Vertigo issues and this title may be a non-starter. You would probably be much better suited to rock a hard point on a multi-crew ship or be the master of all boarding with Donktator.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
We are going to need a massive crew for the Idirus's and the Javelin. Folks dont need to invest anymore as the Guild has a massive fleet.

Star Citizen Hanger:
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard