KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Aby
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,006,568 Trump card
1,337,650 Picture Thread
477,265 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
A good read..

Originally Posted By: Chris Roberts

"Once you move across that line into, here's the finished game pay me $60 for it and things don't work, people are like, ‘Fuck you, mother-fucker.' Which is kind of what you've seen this year, you've seen a bunch of games like that."

http://www.polygon.com/features/2015/3/2/8131661/star-citizen-chris-roberts-interview

I respect the above quote and someone who gets it, lol..

~Icky

Last edited by Ictinike; 03/02/15 06:58 PM.

KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
I wonder if that was ad-lib cursing by the writer or CR actually cursed in the interview. CR isn't known for talking like that when speaking in the public realm.

Doesn't change the message or the degree of CR "getting it". I just don't think CR actually said....Fuck you mother fucker

CR has always bought into the mantra 'Don't Suck" and luckily for us when you start adding up the good and the bad, CR comes from a time when Developers deployed finished titles in a box for brick and mortar sales. He still believes in delivering a finished product that doesn't suck because .....get ready for it.....HE GET'S IT. You make more money in the long run when your product doesn't suck, while even though it's a larger up front R&D sunk cost, the ROI is greater and the duration of profitability is extended.

Rocket science, I know.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
B
Band 1
Band 1
B
I really hate Polygon and Kokatu. Until they denounce the practice of exchanging good reviews and publicity for sex, and encouraging violence against people who don't agree with their biased opinions, I can't take anything they publish seriously.

Last edited by Bleakwise; 04/07/15 07:49 AM.

--The difference between Communism and Fascism is predicated on whether one hates one's self or "the "other."
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: Bleakwise
I really hate Polygon and Kokatu. Until they denounce the practice of exchanging good reviews and publicity for sex, and encouraging violence against people who don't agree with their biased opinions, I can't take anything they publish seriously.

I feel the same way about PC Gamer. With enough coke and hookers you can get an amazing review for Fish Watcher Simulator 2015.

KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: Chris Roberts

"Once you move across that line into, here's the finished game pay me $60 for it and things don't work, people are like, ‘Fuck you, mother-fucker.' Which is kind of what you've seen this year, you've seen a bunch of games like that."

While the sound byte is spot on, the problem is that the propensity is shifting to that 60 bucks being paid ahead of launch with the offering of digital trinkets and early access as a means to garner investment. The statement though at least continues to reinforce that CR at least verbally states what real gamers have been saying for a while. Which not many other dev houses have the balls to do. Of course they aren't sitting on $70M in pre-funding.

KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Yep.. I think he gets it, like you said prior, but he's got a nice fluffy cushion of cash to fall back on..

Still though, he had some great titles back in the day so I don't him to turncoat [just like I tried to discuss with Crowfall] initial public release.. The long game game turn out to get funkier with time but really the community then has a play and stake in it..

Link Copied to Clipboard