KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 16 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,962,699 Trump card
1,311,011 Picture Thread
472,976 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Crimson Sky (CSky) Leadership, ArcheAge
OP Offline
Crimson Sky (CSky) Leadership, ArcheAge
ArcheAge Downtime Compensation – Details and Plans
December 4, 2014

Hi, everyone – With all ArcheAge servers being back up and the world of Erenor fully accessible as of late Tuesday night, we want to take a moment to say thanks for your patience and let you know where we are on compensation.

We never take your loyalty for granted and any time we don’t meet the high standards we set for ourselves, it’s important to us to make it up to you as generously as possible.
We’re currently applying compensation packs to everyone’s account. This does take a while, and it’ll be running through the rest of today.

If you’ve ever been a Patron as of the time of the servers returning, you’ll be gaining the ability to claim a Patron pack on the Glyph account website. That Patron pack contains:

5 Bonus Days of Patron Time
15 Superior Worker’s Compensation Potions (500 LP each)
30 Loyalty Tokens to use at the Loyalty Store on the rewards of your choice
3 Greedy Goblin Gummies (+10% Loot Drop Rate)
3 Frankenflavor Jawbreakers (+10% XP)
3 Marshmallow Sugar Pumpkins (+3% Move Speed)
For those who have not been a patron, the standard compensation pack contains:

10 Superior Worker’s Compensation Potions (500 LP each)
15 Loyalty Tokens to use at the Loyalty Store on the rewards of your choice
3 Greedy Goblin Gummies (+10% Loot Drop Rate)
3 Frankenflavor Jawbreakers (+10% XP)
3 Marshmallow Sugar Pumpkins (+3% Move Speed)
Once all of the packs are applied to everyone’s accounts, we’ll be following up with an email letting you know that you can head over to the Glyph account web pages to claim the pack and choose which character to assign it to.

(We’ll also be broadcasting in game as soon as they’re all applied, and posting instructions here so you don’t have to wait for that mail to land to get your packs!)

Thank you again so much for your patience, and we’ll see you soon in ArcheAge!
The ArcheAge Team

Edit December 4, 2014 6:45 pm:

Heya Folks,

The ArcheAge team is about halfway done with granting the compensation packs now, so we’re opening up the ability for people to claim their compensation packages. We expect the full grant to be completed late this evening, so if your account cannot yet receive the compensation package please be patient while we work through the long list.

In order to claim your pack please complete the following steps:

1. Go to archeage.trionworlds.com and log in.
2. Locate the Compensation Package and click on “APPLY”.
3. Click on “BUY NOW” (Don’t worry – it’s free!)
4. Choose the character you would like to receive the items and click “CONTINUE TO PAYMENT”
5. Click “COMPLETE PURCHASE”

Thank you, and use those potions wisely!

Post navigation

Crimson Sky (Csky) Leadership, ArcheAge
- Former KGB Minister, Dark Age of Camelot
- Former KGB Knight, Dark Age of Camelot
- Former CSky GM of Crusaders, Ultima Online
- Former CSE GM of Crimson Sky Empire, Ultima Online
KGB Champion - Taco Salad
If I had lost land due to this I would be so pissed off.. "here's some candy"

[Linked Image]
KGB Arch Duke
King's High Counsel
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Arch Duke
King's High Counsel
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: rhaikh
If I had lost land due to this I would be so pissed off.. "here's some candy"

Lets be honest though... if somebody lost land due to this, after `not signing in to pay taxes for 11 days prior procrastination` doesn't there really start to be a point where the guy should have been expected to take care of business rather than paying the troll-toll for trying to antagonize his neighbors with the chance of a demolition house?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
-- Tasho / Jaguar --
if my property taxes were due during this timeframe and I had taken my thanksgiving vacation 2 days sooner this would have been me. It was a holiday weekend

[Linked Image]
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
Although we say everyone has 14 days, they really have 21 days to pay their taxes. You pay your taxes when you get the mail, on Monday 12/1 and leave for vacation; you do not receive your next mail for taxes until 12/8. You are away, you do not pay them. 12/15 rolls along, and you still did not pay your taxes, due to vacation, so you have 7 days until the date it is demolished. 12/22 rolls around and your property is destroyed. You paid 12/1 and had to pay again by 12/21 to avoid demolition. Most people do not take a vacation for 20 days.

A holiday weekend does not constitute a 14 day vacation for most people. If someone did not pay their taxes for two weeks, then they must either be new to MMOs, be playing the game with no friends or guildies that they trust, OR is someone that liked to lead their neighbors on for demo date and pay at the last min.

If they went away for 12 of the 14 days, and happened to come back to the last two days being down; than they should work with Trion and provide all the documentation they have; however, what would have been said by the same person if their vacation plans had been delayed two days? Flights cancelled? Snow at their location? Car breaks down on the drive home? And then are just using the Trion downtime to try and rectify their own mistakes? It is way to difficult to see who is telling the truth and who is not. At a point, a player has to realize, that if you are going away for 12 of your 14 tax days, you need to make other arrangements because who knows if you would actually get home on time. Hell, if you are not able to pay your taxes EVERY 7 days; you should currently make an arrangement with a guildie or friend.

My last vacation to Disney was extended by 2 days due to free rooms and our vacation prior, to Puerto Rico, was delayed by about 32 hours when our plane was delayed flying home due to snow in NYC, which gave us an extra day in Puerto Rico.

Anyone who has played MMOs for years knows that anytime you own property, you need to make arrangements while you are away. ANYTHING can happen.

Does no one remember us losing the Keep in Darkfall Unholy Wars because after we paid our taxes, the servers came down and were reverted a couple of hours, thus causing the Keep to become unpaid and collapse. There was no rectification or compensation at all. That keep cost us a combined total of $1700.

Houses falling in UO due to bugs and/or server rollbacks (which were common in UO); no compensation or rectification.

Tree of Life in Shadowbane hacked and your entire town can no longer be controlled by the owner? No compensation or rectification.

This is not the first or last time a MMO will screw over players; I'm honestly just shocked that after some of you have played MMOs for 10 - 15 years, you still find ANY surprise in this sort of stuff. I personally expected Trion's response to be, "We had some issues, servers are back up, if you lost something and want it back, quit."

Now as for my thoughts on the Compensation Package:
My thoughts on their compensation package is very poor, I feel it is honestly useless imo; as I could have generated a metric ton of gold in 48 hours, just by planting and selling raw mats on my properties, let alone actually doing something in game. So to give me some pots, that I cannot trade (thus cannot sell on the AH) and has no bearing on helping me make gold, I feel they did absolutely nothing for me. I could have easily bought the pots they gave me, bought the equivalent item value in loyalty tokens, and could currently care less about patron status, as mine is already paid up until December of 2015. Now I have 6 patron accounts worth of these packages, which I still find utterly useless.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
What they did is not surprising, but it is inadequate, as have been all of their responses to the external problems that plague the game. All of your examples are also examples of mismanagement and incompetency. It may be status quo but it's not something players should accept quietly. Players are justified in expecting an MMO to be available daily and for any in-game, timed events to be unaffected by downtime. It is only through incompetency that these expectations are not met. I am speaking as a developer here. Trion recognizes their own incompetency at least, "we don’t meet the high standards we set for ourselves."

As for me, anything that would have prevented me from getting to log in for 2 days after I expected to be back would have been a much larger issue than some pixels on a screen. I left in the middle of a land grab and a high rate for tax certs, unlike others I have not pulled out the credit card to pay for Farmville so that extra expense was in my mind a more probable risk than ending up in the hospital or the game being unavailable for 2 days straight.

Last edited by rhaikh; 12/05/14 12:47 PM.

[Linked Image]
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
LOL...well, I agree and disagree with some of you, unsurprising I know, and yes, TRION provided compensation that is, at best, a laughing pile of doggie doo...ciest la vie. The only thing they accomplished with me is I am done paying for anything beyond patron status with real dollars. If it cant be purchased with in game gold or gildas, im done doing it. I am stocked up for a bit on tax certs, I am down to perhaps 3500 credits, 500 gilda banked across characters and just rolling in and out right now. I am going to hang around and see if anything is redeemable by 1.7, beyond which, it is MMO as usual.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I honestly don't care either way.. Sure it's something but what they lost with me they can't get back; my patronage.

I honestly thing I'm going to consolidate the account and pack-up shop to wait for changes and less hacking/etc.

It was a good run but those 2 days really got me thinking and doing other things and I just don't have the will to login anymore and likely burnt myself out. As long as it was going it was, in my head, the thing to do but now it's harder to hit Play than not. It's pains me to do it.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Ictinike
I just don't have the will to login anymore...but now it's harder to hit Play than not.

This has been me a lot lately. I just can't seem to get in to any game. There are so many other things competing for my attention.

Vuldan has my AA account and in the meantime I will just keep checking the Oracle and hoping for a new game and the camaraderie that I miss with my KGB fam.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Yeah.. the KGB fam did well in this honestly and lots of old faces came out of the woodwork. Unfortunately, Trino and XL have been the ones who's disappointed me the most.

Link Copied to Clipboard