KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 16 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,962,699 Trump card
1,311,011 Picture Thread
472,976 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Goriom Offline OP
KGB Discord Administrator
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
I really think that we should be focusing on 2 things at the moment.

1) Hasla Runs for weapons. Each person could use their primary weapon + lute from Hasla

2) Running as many people as we can through GHA dungeon to gear them up. This gear should be the next progression of gear after your 50 Quest gear from Karkasse Ridgelands. It seems as of lately that it's a little hard to form groups for GHA and I would always rather take guild members over randoms.

This is all of course so we can be prepared for the opening of the Northern Continent.

Let me know if you agree/disagree or if you believe we should be focusing our attention else where.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Sounds like a solid plan of action Gorium. Any specifics on group make-up?

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Crimson Sky (CSky) Leadership, ArcheAge
Crimson Sky (CSky) Leadership, ArcheAge
Agreed,

We are working on bringing up a few new players and working them through BC. But, Angry is great at organizing the GHA runs for farming the first boss. As shown by Anger that this is the most effective usage of time and materials.

Open for any runs, do not forget to give a call to PD too on these runs.

Crimson Sky (Csky) Leadership, ArcheAge
- Former KGB Minister, Dark Age of Camelot
- Former KGB Knight, Dark Age of Camelot
- Former CSky GM of Crusaders, Ultima Online
- Former CSE GM of Crimson Sky Empire, Ultima Online
Goriom Offline OP
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
We ran the instance last night with a really good healer, a lot of DPS, and very little CC. We Cleared the whole dungeon with not a lot of trouble. The third boss is usually the killer one and will decide if your group is just farming the first 2 bosses or if you will be clearing the whole dungeon.

We had a Cleric, Tank (sorry don't remember exact class), Stone Arrow, Trickster, and Outrider.

For the 3rd boss, I respec back to Auramancy (became a primeval) just for the protective wings ability, which blocked all magic damage from the boss for a few seconds. This was insurance in case our healer got silenced.

KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
In 20+ years of gaming, the Holy Trinity (Tank, Healer, DPS) has never ever not been a good idea or worked. The/Our problem is almost no one spec'd from the start to level as a true Tank or a true Healer. We have DPS coming out our ass, but we lack dedicated Tanks and Healers who are highly active during prime time hours.

Something to think about because that paradigm is going to have to change in order to run instances and be combat effective in non-horde PvP.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
In 20+ years of gaming, the Holy Trinity (Tank, Healer, DPS) has never ever not been a good idea or worked. The/Our problem is almost no one spec'd from the start to level as a true Tank or a true Healer. We have DPS coming out our ass, but we lack dedicated Tanks and Healers who are highly active during prime time hours.

Something to think about because that paradigm is going to have to change in order to run instances and be combat effective in non-horde PvP.

I'll be blunt. That's because everyone got out leveling as fast as possible as a DPS. Cause DPS can solo shit content and get things done still. You want tank and healers? Start grouping with tanks and healers who are leveling to accelerate their leveling. Almost no xp and shit gear for you but that'd be the difference between 2 weeks to get a healer almost up but who abandon the game because he can't progress and one done in less than a week ready to eat dungeons like a champion.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Goriom Offline OP
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
I wonder if at this point it might be better to start funneling mats at healers and tanks and have them craft with vocation potions to level even quicker. Some of the best xp can be from making hereafter stones, so we would just need to give them a ton of stone

KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: Arkh
Originally Posted By: Tasorin

I'll be blunt. That's because everyone got out leveling as fast as possible as a DPS. Cause DPS can solo shit content and get things done still. You want tank and healers? Start grouping with tanks and healers who are leveling to accelerate their leveling. Almost no xp and shit gear for you but that'd be the difference between 2 weeks to get a healer almost up but who abandon the game because he can't progress and one done in less than a week ready to eat dungeons like a champion.

I wasn't go there. But that is exactly what it is and why I stopped leveling my Templar until my Main was squared away. I don't want the fucking stupid gold sync to change 3 channels every time someone needs a healer so I made a permanent alt Healer. Now that the farms, mats, LW, trade packs and gold streams are take care of, I can focus more of my playing time on my Alt and less on spending more time on a DPS toon we don't need all pimped out.

Same problem. Leveling via mobs past 25 is like hitting your prick over and over again with a ball peen hammer.

KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: Goriom
I wonder if at this point it might be better to start funneling mats at healers and tanks and have them craft with vocation potions to level even quicker. Some of the best xp can be from making hereafter stones, so we would just need to give them a ton of stone

Part of the problem at least early on was that individuals saying they were Tanks or Healers and not in tank or healer specs/gear and when it comes to go do a Dungeon the entire group gets shit dicked.

This is the part where you better have two or three in "Class" builds with gear that don't require you to change out any of the three channels only the skill mix in the 3 "Class" channels and a second and/or third alt toon built for the other realities of dungeon crawling and en-mass PvP who can than be geared out for their two or three spec builds.

It all comes down to doing your part and stop with the umpteen DPS builds looking to be carried by the rest of KGB at the end game. We all want to rape face and blow kids up. We can't all be solo gank DPS builds or support DPS builds that require a tank and a healer.

Some people are going to have to accept either we assign some main healers and tanks and the ENTIRE Clan starts feeding them mats/gear and group time or we just continue down this path of LF Healer/Tank almost every time we want to do something. This was actually a topic discussed during our meetings before live launch and we talked extensively about class synergy, stacked grouping, and the need for several individuals to play "Trinity Base Classes". Now most of us are at the end game and we don't have any of the class synergy or stacking required to do much more than run around and pew-pew en-mass.

I know the above statements don't apply to everyone. There are plenty of individuals in this Clan making personal sacrifices of there play time for the betterment of the entire Clan. The last thing I will say on this matter is that this game is a major Marathon, not a month long sprint to the finish line.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
From what I have se, or can research, pure healers are very squishy solo. I have also seen where cleric, Vitalsim,Songcraft/Auramancy, is really only good in PvE.

Anyone with any other experience or notion, let me know. I will experiment on one of my alts, but since I can't remake him with the current restrictions, will have to work off some crafting xp to balance the levels and go from there.

I am fine making tanks and healers, although it appears the best tank classes are Skullknight, Stonearrow, Abolisher(?) and possibly Paladin...im starting to bleed from my eyes...input is welcomed.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard