KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,986,836 Trump card
1,323,918 Picture Thread
473,873 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Former KGB Member
OP Offline
Former KGB Member
I know a lot of people did their large farm quests in alpha, but they changed the quests a little bit to get it when 1.2 came out. I figured this might be nice to know for those of us trying to plan ahead.

So here's a quick list I found:

First trade run: Solzreed Dried Food (35 grapes, 50 trimmed meat)

50 x Trimmed Meat is made using Shatigon's Knife, which you buy from the general vendor really cheap, but one time use only. Just buy a knife.. no, buy several so you don't have to run back to the merchant. Then right click on your stack of 10 meat, it will convert it to trimmed meat. Slower growing livestock yields more trimmed meat per 10 stack. When I tested it chicken and duck meat yielded 38 trimmed meat per 10 stack. Turkeys yielded slightly more. There is a public farm in Lillyut right where the Blue Salt quest guy is where you can raise chickens at 8 silver each. You can place those before you even set up your 8x8 small farm as long as you have the extra cash available.
Ground Grain is made by combining Shatigon's Knife with any grain. You might get lucky and come across some rice or barley growing wild, but more likely you will have to plant some and then harvest it to feed your chickens. If you don't have ground grain you can't get your chickens or geese to mature so you can harvest their feathers or meat.
35 x Grapes of course come from grapevines. Harvestable approximately ever 4 hours real time when planted on your small farm or at the public tree farm in White Arden.

Second run that gives donkey: Gweonid Dyed Feathers (15 chopped fruits, 15 goose down)

10 Grapes + Shatigon's Knife = 11 chopped fruit. Hopefully you did not cut down your grapevines after doing the first trade pack! There are other fruits that can be used like figs, olives, apples. These have a slightly higher yield of chopped fruit per 10 stack but also take longer to grow. Oddly, strawberries chopped up become vegetables in Archeage.
15 x Goose down comes from shearing/plucking a goose when it matures instead of hitting it with the cleaver which will harvest the meat but also kill it. 10 Goose meat + Shatigon's Knife just happens to yield 51 trimmed meat. So, a person could skip the chickens in the first step completely, raise Geese instead and make sure to pluck them a couple times before cleavering them for the meat for the first tradepack gaining materials for both the First & Second pack. You cannot harvest the goose down then the meat also. If you take the eggs or down from a goose or chicken and then immediately cleaver it only gives 1 meat instead of the usual 4 to 6.

Third run: Lilyut Hills Refined Oil (50 dryed flowers, 12 olives)

50 x Dried Flowers. Any flower will work Azalea, Narcissus, even clover as long as you have 10 of them. The yields per 10 stack don't change by much between different flowers so I would stick with Azalea which grows the fastest. 10 Azalea + Shatigon's Knife = 12 dried flowers
12 x Olives from picking 3 olive trees. The trees take 18 hours to mature when planted in a temperate zone and can be picked approximately 10 hours thereafter.

Fourth run for large farm that requires crossing the Ocean into enemy territory: Dewstone Distilled Liquor (50 medicinal powder, 190 narcissus)

190 x Narcissus the flower that has a very short maturation period, about an hour and a half real time. I plan on growing mine out in the wilds on a "secret farm" Scapes (one of the lead Devs) recently made a point of saying that there "are no illegal farms, only secret ones" But, if you are not up for the risk of getting your crop stolen, just plant about 60 to 70 Narcissus seeds on your small farm and harvest them the safe way.
50 x Medicinal Powder made by combining Shatigon's Knife with mushrooms or cultivated ginseng, or thistle. Most likely you are going to grow mushrooms or thistle. Because the ginseng takes around 30 real time hours to mature and the seeds cost WAY more. So, plant about 15 to 20 mushrooms on your small farm, Mushrooms x 10 + Shatigon's Knife = 15 Medicinal powder. Thistle is another option Thistle x 10 + Shatigon's Knife = 23 medicinal powder.

KGB Paladin
(G3) General, Archeage Faction
KGB Paladin
(G3) General, Archeage Faction
Nice post. After I get my small farm and house place I am grinding this out.

Former KGB Member
OP Offline
Former KGB Member
Les Bump

KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
The other way around the time sink is to spend about 25-30gp in the AH buying the mats for the trade packs. I spent about 4 hours tonight working the AH and turned 25 gold into 50 and then bought out the mats I needed. Ended up costing about 32G in total for all the mats once I was done.

Follow the above mats (changed from the beta guides). Follow the below posted beta guides on how to get from Point A to B the fastest. The routes haven't changed, only the mats since Beta.

Step 1.
1st Half - Donkey

Step 2.
2nd Half - Large Field

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!

Link Copied to Clipboard