KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,986,836 Trump card
1,323,918 Picture Thread
473,873 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
So how does the donate feature work? Do I purchase a package for access/title and the proceeds of that dollar amount are added to the "fund"? Or is it a straight dollar donation to the "fund" and I have to purchase a package for access/title in addition to whatever donation goes to the "fund"?

If your referring to getting a SOTA pledge. That is either a one time payment or monthly payments for your total amount based on the tier you want. Goes to the overall amount of the game funds and has no bearing on the town we are trying to acquire. The minimum pledge is required on your behalf to have ownership to play the game. If you use the Alienware coupon and upgrade that it will cost you $25.00 for a minimum pledge.

The KGB city is a separate entity. Since it's a faction item all money has been given to the KGB paypal account and Jetstar will acquire the purchase on his account. His account will be the primary owner of the city and he can delegate people at launch for leadership access of the town.

Their are 3 ways of acquiring a plot to place in the city.
Minimum of $275.00 for a tax free row lot with house.
Minimum of $165.00 for a taxable village lot with house.
Acquire in game with in game currency for a plot and house also taxable

Last edited by Zhou; 07/23/14 01:52 PM.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KGB TS Server Administrator
KGB High Chancellor - Star Citizen
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I have put in $85 in pledges so far and donated some to our KGB cause. I can't afford to do anymore for a while.

What do you guys think is more important? Pledging to the game for the tax free etc or adding to the KGB cause? I assume there is no Tax free option once we buy the town etc? I am not sure how all that works. I definitely want to buy a house, I am fine if it is with in game money.

JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Thanks EVERYONE THAT IS DONATING.

Zhou, am I just being overzealous? How much time do you think I have. Will waiting impact our location or quality?

Thanks!

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
player towns are not tax free and you will still need deeds

(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
Originally Posted By: JetStar
Thanks EVERYONE THAT IS DONATING.

Zhou, am I just being overzealous? How much time do you think I have. Will waiting impact our location or quality?

Thanks!

Well as far as I know, they just added payment plans for people wanting to buy a town. I would expect you would be safe till October at least probably longer but the dev team will probably set out to get things ready then. They would announce if they were ending sales.

As far as the quality no effect. Each town depending on schedule and time will be able to be designed, or will have the ability to chose certain layouts depending on your city size and lots.

As far as location, each owner will only get to ask for two things. Biome style and section of the map. So if you want a city near Brittney they may chose anything within so many hexes around the area. You won't chose exact location.

The official stance from the Devs at the moment is don't email us. When we are ready for that aspect we will contact owners.

Also based off the recent player housing live stream. Owners who desire to upgrade to larger sized towns after launch will be able to do so since changing a hex won't require too much effort.

Last edited by Zhou; 07/23/14 02:03 PM.

(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
Originally Posted By: Instrument
player towns are not tax free and you will still need deeds

Yup we will have ownership of the lots but a deed is necessary to make a lease on that land. Jet being your landlord and you being the tenant. Tax free lots are nice if you can't put the time in for maintaining the monthly upkeep. Everything except for Castle and Keep lots are in game to be obtained.

Band 2
Band 2
I'll be on for R8 this weekend.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
My understanding is if we raise enough for a town then each individual can either purchase a house deed to fit in that town or earn one using in game currency. I am assuming those that have donated to the cause would get 1st priority on a lot. Does anyone know what the tax rate is? I plan to spend $55 on the house but I don't know that it is worth another $100+ just to be tax free....

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
as I understand it you will never lose the house if you miss your rent but it maybe packed up for you.

this would normaly mean you risk losing your build spot but if we own the town we control the slots.

and I can not see the rent being so high that you have to go out of your way to earn it

Last edited by Instrument; 07/24/14 12:31 PM.
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I am sure any allies living in said town would be taxed, as well as buying the spot initially...

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard