KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Decon Black
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,988,697 Trump card
1,324,443 Picture Thread
474,043 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
Zhou Offline OP
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
OP Offline
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
Originally Posted By: Helemoto
Is there a way to play just the drones?? I only seem to be able to get into multiplayer.

Also what does everyone use for controls, key/mouse or some other form? Just curious.

When you launch arena commander one option is multiplayer and one is AI mode.

Originally Posted By: Brommas
Ive found out of the 3 control types I have (saitek x52 hotas, Xbox controller, and keyboard mouse) that the gamepad works the best for me. I like some parts of my X52 better but when it comes to precision the X52 kinda sucks. Im sure other flight sticks would do better. Im looking into getting a CH fighter stick and throttle and then possibly adding pedals later.

I have heard the X52 has a magnet kit for better precision but atm the Xbox controller > all for me

There were discussing possible joystick being made specifically for star citizen, might be worth waiting closer to launch.

Originally Posted By: Tasorin
If you citizen number is under 200,000 check your email for Multi-Player invites. Still can't set up matches or queue with your Org/friends. CR said they are working on that for a later patch that won't be that far off. Right now the Multiplayer is just a rack, pack and stuff you into a match with other players. I think the limit is 6 or 8 in a match right now.

CR is also talking to the IP owner of "Voice Attack" to either out right purchase it and hire the core dev team or pay to license it and be the first with a Voice Attack Dev Kit.

Ya hope the social part comes out soon. Be nice to play with friends, not just randoms.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KGB TS Server Administrator
KGB High Chancellor - Star Citizen
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I can play the multiplayer it just wont let me pick AI.

Zhou Offline OP
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
OP Offline
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction

That's odd as soon as the menu boots up the left option is multiplayer and the right option is AI simulation. Then you choose one of the 2 maps.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
looks like it may be my 5 min load time that is stopping me from staying online in AC

my hard drive ST500DM002-1BD142 is a bit out of date now

http://www.harddrivebenchmark.net/hdd.php?hdd=Seagate+ST500DM002-1BD142

so going to try and install a new solid state one over the weekend hopefully this may mean I will be joining the SC multiplayer

most likely event is 7 days of silence from me as I try and get my PC working again after I break it trying to fit the new drive

Last edited by Instrument; 07/09/14 03:16 PM.
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Zhou

That's odd as soon as the menu boots up the left option is multiplayer and the right option is AI simulation. Then you choose one of the 2 maps.

The option is there it just wont let me highlight it.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
are you holding down TAB and using your mouse to select the options?

KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: Brommas
Ive found out of the 3 control types I have (saitek x52 hotas, Xbox controller, and keyboard mouse) that the gamepad works the best for me. I like some parts of my X52 better but when it comes to precision the X52 kinda sucks. Im sure other flight sticks would do better. Im looking into getting a CH fighter stick and throttle and then possibly adding pedals later.

I have heard the X52 has a magnet kit for better precision but atm the Xbox controller > all for me

You can thank Chris for that. This is one of the bigger debates going on right now and honestly if by live PU the flight sticks are still gimped and SC is an arcade flyer there are going to be a lot of pissed off citizens.

You can't scream "IMMERSION" at every turn and then with one of the core game aspects decide that the previous statement doesn't apply to the greatest piece of "IMMERSION" this game has.......The PERIPHERALS.

Frankly, CR wants to be able to use OR and a game controller with voice command because it fits what he likes. So get ready for this topic to be a constant point of friction just as much as the PvP vs PVE slider and instancing conversation.

Personally I am disappointed in there lack of focus on flight controls with regards to flight sticks. It is so bad that the community actually has released there own profiles for the core flight sticks like the x-52 and the Warthog.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
fitted an additional drive this time a new solid state Hard

had to lose my cd-drive to do it but it has halved my loading time to the hanger and for the first time I am staying connected to play the multiplayer.

so far my only tips are
if something bleeps drop a flare
use missiles below 500m so they don't have time to use flares

Zhou Offline OP
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
OP Offline
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
Such long load time ATM. They need to start optimizing things seems to get slower. I'm not running anything cheap either.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: Instrument
if something bleeps drop a flare

haha

I just started some drone fights, and man my controls are sensitive, I had to drop the mouse down to 0 and adjust my dpi settings. Needless to say I suck atm.

edit: nm, I fixed it a bit, also realized you can lock targets, I'm getting better :D

Last edited by kolski; 07/12/14 10:11 PM.
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard