KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 32 guests, and 25 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Morgus
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,007,058 Trump card
1,337,740 Picture Thread
477,295 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#124729 05/08/14 08:52 AM
Demoyn Offline OP
Former KGB Member
OP Offline
Former KGB Member
I just received the email from KGB and I went to the ArcheAge website. It seems intriguing and I'm thinking about playing, but I don't want to spend $150 on a game I have never heard of before.

So far it seems like a cross between Ultima Online and Dark Age of Camelot. Is this accurate? Also, are they going to be wiping the game between Alpha, Beta, and live?

Demoyn #124907 05/14/14 04:36 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Bump.

This game peaked my interest so figured I'd see if the KGB was active in it. Glad to see you are.

Not really wanting to blindly drop $150 though. Or curious if any of you in the Alpha have any inclination as to when the beta might possibly go live? Because I'd grab the silver pack to start playing.

Last edited by Highflyer; 05/14/14 04:36 PM.
Demoyn #124909 05/14/14 05:19 PM
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
Beta will be weekend events only alpha will continue till launch and turn into the test server. So it will be separate servers and only beta will be wiped. The game is well worth the price and the items you receive with the 150.00 package makes it only seem like $30.00 for alpha involvement.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KGB TS Server Administrator
KGB High Chancellor - Star Citizen
Zhou #124914 05/14/14 07:39 PM
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
It is more than worth the $150. If you are mainly holding out for Beta, I would say just to get an Alpha account. If you don't, I would probably say it is best to just wait until release rather than purchasing a weekends only pass (Beta) while Alpha will still take place on the weekdays in between.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
Originally Posted By: Romeo_Montague
It is more than worth the $150. If you are mainly holding out for Beta, I would say just to get an Alpha account. If you don't, I would probably say it is best to just wait until release rather than purchasing a weekends only pass (Beta) while Alpha will still take place on the weekdays in between.

Sure is Mr Barbie Girl hahahaha.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KGB TS Server Administrator
KGB High Chancellor - Star Citizen
Demoyn #124948 05/16/14 12:10 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I did some research on the game and watched some streams prior to making the commitment, and then I dropped the 150 bucks and havent regretted it since. You get a lot of value for release with the alpha founders pack. And the KGB brand on alpha is already strong :)

Gawaine #124950 05/16/14 01:02 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
It's a fun game so far, just hoping people stick with it longer then a month after release. [mad]

Helemoto #124980 05/18/14 11:48 AM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
The fact that it's an Alpha release and not for keeps is a deterring factor to pouring hours and hours grinding away, no matter how enjoyable the grind is. Basically, get to 50, get your gear squared away, get your couple of class builds attuned and enjoy the rest of Alpha running around with KGB on weekly outings until we get a live launch.

Anyone who decides to lead this faction will be charged with a game plan and outlining the first 30-60-90 day goals and delegating the crafting/harvesting roles via whatever means best suits the game mechanics and team agenda.

Based on how we play, you probably need to find someone to lead the tactical and field command portion of this title and when we step out into open PvP, there be one voice commanding the stacks and all others follow.

Learn from the history of KGB in open field PvP titles...

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Tasorin #124986 05/19/14 10:41 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
The fact that it's an Alpha release and not for keeps is a deterring factor to pouring hours and hours grinding away, no matter how enjoyable the grind is. Basically, get to 50, get your gear squared away, get your couple of class builds attuned and enjoy the rest of Alpha running around with KGB on weekly outings until we get a live launch.

Anyone who decides to lead this faction will be charged with a game plan and outlining the first 30-60-90 day goals and delegating the crafting/harvesting roles via whatever means best suits the game mechanics and team agenda.

Based on how we play, you probably need to find someone to lead the tactical and field command portion of this title and when we step out into open PvP, there be one voice commanding the stacks and all others follow.

Sound words.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Drakiis #124993 05/19/14 11:24 AM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
Originally Posted By: Tasorin

Sound words.

Hopefully not Deaf Ears.

DFO was not a shining example of KGB field leadership. People are going to have to check the BS and Ego at the door and stop being a pack of feral cats and do what they are being told. Discussion can happen after the engagement. It was the one key element in DFO that we really did poorly on time in and time out after the big engagements in early EU DFO.

TLDR; More like UO and SB, less like DFO.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard