KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,986,836 Trump card
1,323,918 Picture Thread
473,873 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#122582 11/27/13 11:23 AM
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
when the game goes live
do we
a/ spend the first 2 weeks or so completing Squadron 42 and becoming Citizens

b/ Head out into the PU and stake a claim on a bit of space

Instrument #122587 11/27/13 03:03 PM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
How about a little of both?

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Instrument #122592 11/28/13 12:09 AM
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
the problem with a bit of both is that you need to complete your tour to be a citizen

Instrument #122593 11/28/13 07:20 AM
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
The plus side to this is that squadron 42 releases before the beta world opens so everyone that is a alpha/beta player should complete this by the time the persistent world opens.

Free ship
Money
UEE Citizenship

All important parts to get you started out in UEE space.

Those that join after the game releases best suggestion would be to complete this 1st. There has been no mention of wiping your single player campaign that gives you all these additional things if you chose to play it.

Last edited by Zhou; 11/28/13 07:22 AM.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KGB TS Server Administrator
KGB High Chancellor - Star Citizen
Zhou #122594 11/28/13 06:08 PM
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
never knew that S42 would be out before the PU
so we get the single player game first then follow it up with the multiplayer
makes me happy the more they keep adding to s42 all I could think off was that it would cause us to fall behind the edge in the PU

Instrument #122595 11/29/13 01:07 PM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
The intention is to have SQ 42 ready near the end of the Beta cycle with enough time to play test and fix major bugs and issues and then have a final Open Beta sequence where backers with access will be able to get a "head start" by being the only ones able to play SQ 42 for keepers while in the final stages of Open Beta.

The idea being that backers should have the opportunity to start the PU once SC goes live as "Citizens" as a thank you to those who contributed hard resources to the development of SC. The other portion of SQ 42 is that CIG expects people to play through it multiple times because they have expanded its story arc options and its going to play more like a "choose your own adventure" grand story arc then it was originally before the massive funding cycles started.

"Citizenry" is only applied to a single character not an entire account. If/When you make other characters, either through having multiple pledge level packages or waiting until we have a live launch, each character will have to complete SQ 42 in order to become a card carrying Citizen.

Got it?

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Tasorin #144548 02/22/18 03:52 PM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
I am turbo necroing this thread ...

Because, I like to bring things full circle.

Unfortunately previous comments about SQ42 release time tables and discussions are sprinkled throughout other threads. In short to summate, even during the Kickstarter the expectation was 2018 at the earliest for a playable version of SQ42 and probably 2020 for the final release of a live constant Verse.

Now to my point. I really really really hate Sandy Gardiner (Chris "Baby Jesus" Robert's wife). I disliked her from the beginning as she is shameless in her PR and is 100% for sale (read ethical grey area). My disdain for her grew to the boiling point several years ago in the StarCitizen subscriber private forums (AKA The Backroom) where pay to say (read ask questions) was there from the beginning. The act that caused me to be perma banned from CIG forums (at least for one account) was when Sandy pushed out the Wingman (Eric Peterson), who was by far one of the single best community personalities I have had the pleasure to watch "Keep it real" while still being a good company man. What caused me to NECRO this thread today was the recent SQ42 news letter. What really pisses me off about the below monthly blast, is that only the first lead in paragraph has anything to do with SQ42. The remaining 2/3rds of the media is about Sandy's "The Verse" and more monetization.

February 22nd, 2018

Attention Recruits,

Welcome to another official Squadron 42 dispatch. This month's briefings include a quick update on what the developers have been working on since we checked in last, and a detailed look at the cutting-edge AI systems being implemented in the game.

Around the Verse takes us aboard the Idris frigate, featured in last year's vertical slice, to illustrate the integration of the complex AI tech with story, character and environmental interaction. The designers and developers are using this integration to give NPCs appropriate schedules, motivations, and reactions, bringing the massive 85 person crew to life, and creating a totally immersive cinematic experience that reacts dynamically to the player.

This weekend marks your final chance to "Super-Size" a Star Citizen starter package and add Squadron 42 for just $15, which also includes access to Star Marine and Arena Commander. And if you haven't geared up yet, head over to the store to pick up an official Squadron 42 T-shirt and show the world that Cal is indeed your wingman.

Over and Out,

UEE Naval High Command

For those of you who didn't do the TLDR; here is the SA wunderthread as a timeline.

SA StarCitizen Timeline of Shame

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Tasorin #144816 02/26/18 03:56 PM
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
The Idris is the flagship in SQ42, I think any reference to it is within the scope of SQ42. That AI tech from SQ42 is the basis of the AI engine in the PU. That makes sense to me, from a development standpoint, the flushing out of the AI & Idris, in general, in a very controlled single-player platform has to be done before porting it over to a multi-player experience. The Idris ship size + AI assets which need to update in real-time to clients in view must be keeping the network and rendering developers up at night.

Seriously though, I didn't really think anyone was glued to that forum drama BS ... why do you even give a rat's ass about the personalities involved, let alone take it so personally? She has a job to do, companies change personnel, blah, blah, blah ... I wouldn't even give this another few milliseconds of my grey matter's processing power.

The bottom line for me, especially as a software engineer, is watching the scope of the development effort & technological challenges needed to bring this PU into a playable state. Sales & Marketing is a necessary part of the process, so she pitches at every corner ... that's her job.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Longshanks #144826 02/26/18 09:10 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted by Longshanks
The Idris is the flagship in SQ42, I think any reference to it is within the scope of SQ42. That AI tech from SQ42 is the basis of the AI engine in the PU. That makes sense to me, from a development standpoint, the flushing out of the AI & Idris, in general, in a very controlled single-player platform has to be done before porting it over to a multi-player experience. The Idris ship size + AI assets which need to update in real-time to clients in view must be keeping the network and rendering developers up at night.

I enjoyed watching the video and all the thought going into the programming (care and feeding of AI). Honestly, this is the FIRST game that I have ever seen that actually puts developers on-camera as they are working on a project and we get to see video and tech info regarding what they are working on; pre-production. Sure, I have seen plenty of MARKETING videos from games/companies over the decades of CES's and the like - but that is purely "canned fluff". I have met a few of the developers in person actually at a CitizenCon; they REALLY are passionate about the project and excited about it. Definitely get the vibe from them that this is NOT just a "job" or a "paycheck", more like a "dream job" - with a "paycheck".

Seriously though, I didn't really think anyone was glued to that forum drama BS ... why do you even give a rat's ass about the personalities involved, let alone take it so personally? She has a job to do, companies change personnel, blah, blah, blah ... I wouldn't even give this another few milliseconds of my grey matter's processing power.

Indeed, me neither. Sorry you that you had a horrible experience in the early-forum/grey-market ship-o-rama profiteering days Tasorin. I suppose a lot of people were upset when CIG changed how they were dealing with ships, doesn't seem to matter much what people change - there is ALWAYS going to be someone upset and flaming in the forums. That is exactly why I don't really do much of anything in the forums of ANY game; people in the forums are often out of control.

The bottom line for me, especially as a software engineer, is watching the scope of the development effort & technological challenges needed to bring this PU into a playable state. Sales & Marketing is a necessary part of the process, so she pitches at every corner ... that's her job.

100% agree - we rarely SEE anything to this degree, so often, if at all (normally tech-info comes AFTER the game launches in fact). I think she is definitely doing her job, sales and marketing are just as important as technical development; a game will fail without BOTH being done well. People keep getting bent out of shape every time there is a "NEW" ship released - um hello, they are ALL ships that are planned and were deemed necessary for the game years ago. If they quit developing "new" ships and just release the game with all the ships currently IN the game, people would be screaming bloody murder: "HEY THERE AREN'T SHIPS of XXXX type in the game to do things! WTF!!?". As an owner (my second ship) of a Banu Merchantman, I am a little sad it isn't OUT in Beta yet, but hey -... B E T A? They have shown work in progress on it - and it truly LOOKS impressive. I can see why it is taking a while (unique nature of the alien design), so I am patiently waiting.

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Link Copied to Clipboard