KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 19 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
nethervoid
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,004,937 Trump card
1,337,427 Picture Thread
477,157 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Well, we all know how warped your sense of "sane" is so this comes as no surprise. Kind of interesting how it changes based on the current leftist media memes as well.

When Freidersdorf pointed out in his article that Rand Paul actually was pretty sane and did not fit the mold some left wingers tried to pidgeonhole him into you seemed to be in agreement.

But now that the biggest benefactors of govt looting have funded a smear campaign against anyone who might stand in their way over a govt slowdown (wasnt a shutdown only about 15% of FedGov shut down) its "omgfg... theyreeee innnsaannneeeeeeee !!!1!one!1"

And thusly, I lulz.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
It is just really to bad the right doesnt have any less radical choices. Some of the fiscal conservatism I used to like. Its all the other shit I can't stand.
The main character in HBO's newsroom said it best:

To be a republican today, you have to:
Quote:

The problem is now I have to be homophobic.
I have to count the number to times people go to church.
I have to deny facts and think scientific research is a long con.
I have to think poor people are getting a sweet ride.
And I have to have such a stunning inferiority complex that I fear education and intellect…in the 21st century.
But most of all, the biggest new requirement, really the only requirement is that I have to hate Democrats.
And I have to hate Chris Christie for not spitting on the president when he got off of Air Force One.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

To be a Democrat today you have to:

Make edge cases out to be typical for GOP
Want to install an unaccountable police state run by intel agencies as de facto govt
Think the largest wealth transfer in the history of the world from poor and middle to very top is A-OK
Play a race card at any and every opportunity
Buy into faulty models of how X issue works, while ignoring any rebuttal, context, or comparison

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Sorry Derid, but there is no "typical GOP" left. It all got hijacked into radicalism. You will have better luck finding moderate Taliban than moderate GOPer. You can thank KoranFoxNews dogma for that.

As to police state - you remove progressive's ability to punish neolibs (analogous to necons), so while you are correct that this is happening under our watch, the alternative simply does not exists. Plus don't even think about absolving your own side from its share of responsibility for this.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

The fact that you think my "side" has anything to do with this situation shows how incredibly unrelated to reality your thinking is.

GOP establishment did perpetrate much insanity, grassroots revolts, big money excoriates said grassroots.. left wingers hop on bandwagon, and you with them.

And why on the "left" is there no alternative? Because the leftists are politically and intellectually lazy thats why, in addition to being moral cowards. It takes moral courage to stand up and fight for something when literally billions of dollars of slander are thrown by your enemies at a very naive and impressionable populace.

No alternative exists, because the US left, and by all I have seen yourself included will support any atrocity if only they get told that they are superior to the "other" by doing so. Its ludicrous, considering its as easy to pick out Left Wing idiocy, clownishness and extremism as it is Tea Party or any other flavor of non-leftist political groupings. If a Tea Party guy had pulled a Booker (new NJ Sen) and talked about his fake drug dealer pal, all the leftist rags would have been all over it, you yourself would likely have posted it up here as yet more "evidence" of "deranged" right wingers or something. (of course people expect Dems to be deranged so it doesnt tend to make news)

People are just incredibly easy to manipulate if they can be convinced that there are only two "sides" to anything.

Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Derid
The fact that you think my "side" has anything to do with this situation

Homeland Security, Patriot Act, NSA wiretapping all started before Obama's Term 1.

Valid charge is that your my side didn't do much to stop it, pretending that your side has nothing to do with it is history revisionism. As much as you love to forget this, but Bush years did happen.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
You are absolutely out of your mind. Derid just got through explaining to you that your paradigm is the only one in which there exists only two sides. The rest of us do not believe there are only two sides and for the most part we all know that the two groups you call "sides" are one in the same. There are none of us left who (if any of us did in the first place) think that the patriot act is/was a good idea. In fact, as soon as they started delaying the built in sunset for it, we started screaming about it. A policy Bush started and Obama has continued.

When Obama has spent 5 years carrying on the same policies of Bush, you no longer get to scream about it being Bush's fault. Bush was bad. Obama is no better. Look only at their policies and you can't even tell them apart.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
http://www.gallup.com/poll/165509/obama-job-approval-declines-19th-quarter.aspx

This is Obamas numbers dropping faster then the tea party from the same site you got the tea party numbers from.

So what is your point now knowing that Obama is doing worst then the tea party

Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Hey JetStar, I know you are lurking....

Please do me a favor, and educate your fellow extremist liberal here as to precisely which "side" I was on. Seeing as you were active in the debates here circa 2001~2003 you should remember exactly who was railing against the surveillance state as soon as it was instituted, who was against the Iraq war, and who said the continued money printing if we financed an additional huge war in that fashion, was going to, in approx 3-5 years time cause a major financial calamity.

Also might want to remind your liberal cohort who was on the pro choice side of the discussions.

Thanks Jet.

Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
That Derid has left the town. Over last couple years I have watched your views slide down into the blackhole of epistemic closure. It isn't that you no longer listen to anything I say that bothers me, it is that you lost willingness to listen to anything coming from the outside of the fever swamps. Now you are just another angry misinformed old man shouting at "lieberals".

Here is the news for you - conservatism is dead and not coming back. What have left is a post-truth outrage machine.

Enjoy eating your Cruz 16 crow.

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard