KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 11 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Aviendha
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,002,865 Trump card
1,336,943 Picture Thread
476,980 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#120651 07/31/13 09:50 AM
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight

Looking at peoples posts it looks like there is a general desire to play both sides of the law in star citizen.

The Law abiding Knights of Glory and Beer heroes of the space lanes but all with Alts that are prepared to cut a few corners or throats for a fast credit.

Should we make this official and form a Top Secret and totally deniable shadow guild for star citizen?

Ps I am now the proud owner of a Drake

(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
Not really to sure about that. If we did that would probably be discussed behind a secure forum once those become available closer to launch. However, KGB has always been the good guys in every game. Its just hard to remain a constant good only approach in the way games are made these days. We attack people of various guilds in Darkfall as well. Its just how things work now.

Furthermore, information on how the guild structure will work and having various characters that partake in various activities will need to be discussed. Like in Darkfall we attack various players in open field. So that would relate to attack various ships in Star Citizen. If the structure of guilds don't give negative affects to the guild as a whole I don't see why they cant just be part of the main guild.

With the current idea that you will have only 1 character and that will severely limit your access to areas. Having an alt character would be necessary to get a taste the other aspects of the game.

More information is still needed since the game is still in progress of being made to how all the rules work.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KGB TS Server Administrator
KGB High Chancellor - Star Citizen
KGB Alumni
KGB Alumni
I only plan to have one toon unless for a mechanics reason a second toon comes in handy like gathering in darkfall or scouting in EVE Online. 99% of my time will be in pirating and PVP activities. I've always liked EVE Online philosophy on good versus evil. They don't exist, you are either NBSI( Not Blue Shot It) or NRDS (Not Red Don't Shoot).

In Darkfall we are NBSI or NAKI (Not Ally Kill It). Good and Evil were mainly created by games that had a good and evil side. Games like Eve and Darkfall don't have that built in lore mechanics wise and neither will Star Citizen.

So like Zhou said I don't see a reason for a good and an evil guild in game.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Yeah, I don't think as a guild or clan we need to choose an alignment. Just like in DF and other PvP games with crafting or market opportunities, you have people that play their character differently. You can have some that are known as 'upstanding and trustworthy' traders and some that are known as 'shady and evil' pirates under the same banner. I think the base notion of progressing as a collective and protecting what is ours is the ultimate goal, the rest is kind of micromanaged politics.

(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
Yup, though having a bounty on your guy will limit what you can do. That's why many see the negative affects as a means to having an alt account with a ship purchased in that account so you can enjoy that lifestyle. As far as seperate guilds doesn't seem necessary ATM.

Here is a list of the various faction types available in the game:

Your Guild Type:
B - Bounty Hunting
E - Exploration
F - Freelancing/Mercenary
L - Logistics (refueling, mining)
M - Militaristic/Security
Pi - Piracy
Pr - Privateering
S - Smuggling
T - Trade
A - All of the Above

I see KGB as an A- All of the Above.

Last edited by Zhou; 07/31/13 02:52 PM.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KGB TS Server Administrator
KGB High Chancellor - Star Citizen
Zhou #120687 07/31/13 07:59 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I would like to see us take over a system as indicated in the economy post.

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard