KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 36 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Aby
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,005,827 Trump card
1,337,549 Picture Thread
477,213 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Zhou Offline OP
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
OP Offline
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
Just a reminder,

It is still possible to get LTI on some of the ships that are still available to buy at this point until Nov 26th 2013. Even though all "new Backers" no longer have the ability to buy LTI ships. If members start becoming interested in the game we only need a Original or Veteran Backer to buy and transfer the ship to you. However all the additional benefits of that status will not be granted to you, just LTI on the ship in question.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KGB TS Server Administrator
KGB High Chancellor - Star Citizen
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Looks even worse than P2W game, it's a Pay-early-enough-2-Win.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Zhou Offline OP
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
OP Offline
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
Depends on how you look at it. It will be a game similar to gw2 where you only need to buy the game and you can access the online universe. They also will have a monthly cap on credit buying. To build a game requires a lot of money. If you see the financial standpoint why have investors back a game and demand timelines. Thus ruining the game aspects you wanted or launching early with an incomplete game. Crowd funding is allowing an individual to support the creation of the game and receive a ship at launch. Lifetime insurance will be fairly cheap in game as regular insurance. But if you support a game and spend say 1,250.00 on a ship towards crowdfunding not many will if your able to lose that ship immediately. All aspects of the creation process is limited to certain ships and help create the game. It will only give a slight head start to those who backed the game. That doesn't give you a pay to win. Since any person can buy insurance and the same ship. I could be the worst pilot in the game and no ship will help that. Hopefully not the case though.

KGB Alumni
KGB Alumni
I never get this hate for P2W. Who cares if people can get things in game for money. Some people suck, some people don't have as much time to grind the needed thing, ect. It not only keeps a larger population but it also provides more money to continue building the game.

Who cares ill probably end up taking said thing from them if its that type of thing or grinding to get it within a few months of release.

The only thing I don't like is when games out a ton of things out that u can only get with cash. Few special limited time offers is cool but if a lot of stuff is cash only and u can't get it in game without cash that pisses me off.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Purgatory
I never get this hate for P2W. Who cares if people can get things in game for money. Some people suck, some people don't have as much time to grind the needed thing, ect. It not only keeps a larger population but it also provides more money to continue building the game.

It's fucking simple: if your game is a grind (be it money or time), it is not fun. Work is already enough grinding for a week, no way I'm gonna waste my labor's result to be able to teabag people in game.

You want people fighting each other? Make it a skill game with 0 motherfucking 0 grind for all the PvP aspect of the game. Make money give cosmetic effects, make time give resources and crafting related skills so any new player can be decked out and ready to play at first login if he has some friends.

Check the PoE way of doing it: cosmetic effects + stash space. Not even any xp booster or shit like that. And they even have some fast run league where you can easily participate because some of those events have 1 to 3 hours duration. That's how you do F2P games.

Read that: http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/RaminShokrizade/20130626/194933/ enjoy how you can get milked for your money or time.

Last edited by Arkh; 07/10/13 02:17 PM.

Zhou Offline OP
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
OP Offline
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
This is a space flying game with FPS aspects of ship boarding there cant fit into skill aspects of the game. Games like LoL are more popular than many games like DFUW since its F2P but it also allows people to buy certain things to save time. You can farm the stuff yourself in game as well. Exactly how SC will be running. Investors ruin many games. DFUW launched without a completed game cause they ran out of money and the investors forced them to launch an incomplete product. At least crowdfunding eliminates that aspect.

The times are changing and F2P games with built in mechanics to purchase things to reduce time are becoming more popular. It all comes down to the opportunity cost a person has to invest their time in something. Its the same basic principle as economics and trading. Everyone wants to enjoy playing games but people don't have 12hrs a day to do so. The opportunity cost for me to spend 12 hrs a day farming for a ship is a lot of extra money working or much needed time advancing my education level.

Also Pay-to-win is buying something that the people in game are unable to achieve. Since you haven't been keeping up on the game its rude to judge a game P2W win. The creator has expressed that anything there is to buy to support the creation of the game is also able to be bought in game for actual credits. 1,000 credits ='s 1.00. So me spending 275.00 on a ship will be equivalent to them buying the ship in game with 275k which they can farm or purchase credits in game if there not at their cap.

Everyone gets a ship at launch and any ship can take out another with the right equipment load-out and pilot.

So please keep you disrespect for a game that doesn't appeal to you elsewhere. There are many that are looking forward to the game. There are countless games that don't appeal to other people.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Can you buy this LTI later-on in game?

And it's not because some kind of game become popular that everyone should follow. Billions of flies eat shit.

Also, I don't disrespect the game, I'm just calling what I see with the right name. If people still want to play (and I was one before reading these shenanigans), no way I can prevent you. People should play what they like.
But don't be surprised if it happen to be yet-another-hamster-wheel-game.

(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Arkh

And it's not because some kind of game become popular that everyone should follow. Billions of flies eat shit.

Also, I don't disrespect the game, I'm just calling what I see with the right name. If people still want to play (and I was one before reading these shenanigans), no way I can prevent you. People should play what they like.

I think someone must have peed in Arkh's cheerios! He has been soooooooooooooo negative lately. Maybe he needs to get laid!

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Zhou Offline OP
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
OP Offline
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
Originally Posted By: Arkh

Who knows how popular the game will become League of Legends has 35 million active people a month. That would be amazing I can only hope it goes that well.

Yup its called insurance. and its extremely cheap. The better insurances out there that even LTI doesn't cover like cargo and upgrades.

I say disrespect since you started out swearing in your post. That is unnecessary. Trying to keep it civil here.

KGB Alumni
KGB Alumni
This will probably be my one and only MMO for several years unless a new as better darkfall type MMO comes out that's actually optimized and had enough backing to have all the content I'm looking for.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard