KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 14 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Aviendha
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,002,032 Trump card
1,336,056 Picture Thread
476,615 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

What happens when some data entry clerk screws up the e-verify database entry? No job for you, no reasonable recourse. Just welcome to non-citizenship.

The only way to make it so its not easily bypassed by fake ID is biometrics, which is somewhere else we absolutely do not want to go.

Besides, I dont like the idea of yet another govt database tracking everyone's employment. Then wait for changes to regulations , to include more types of employment that are required to get "verified".

Pretty soon, we will all just be asking the govt for permission to have a job. Sure, just having a little box that saves you paperwork seems innocuous enough at first. The only reason its an issue in the first place, is because of systemic failures elsewhere in govt.

In reality, there should be no need for ID that isnt covered by existing State-issued ID.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Well, I agree with all of that. Guess I hadn't thought it through. Why can't innocuous seeming things actually be?

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2013/05/immigration-reform-dossiers/

Figures that some tool would slip this into the bill.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: sini
Ideally - path to citizenship via education.

Also stop green card lottery and start immigration based on merit - academics, engineers, lawyers. Even if they can't get guaranteed job here within their specialty, you still have high-IQ people having high-IQ kids.

This. The purpose of having immigration- at all- is to improve the country. No one has a right to move to another country, you do it at the country's pleasure. Try immigrating to Iceland or China, it can't be done.

As for the so-called jobs Americans won't do. I don't believe they exist. The reason Americans "won't" do them is because of the welfare state.

KGB Darkfall
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard