KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#115239 03/23/13 07:56 PM
Arkh Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
http://apps.npr.org/unfit-for-work/

Quote:
Dr. Timberlake is making a judgment call that if you have a particular back problem and a college degree, you're not disabled. Without the degree, you are.

Quote:
Scott tried school for a while, but hated it. So he took the advice of the rogue staffer who told him to suck all the benefits he could out of the system. He had a heart attack after the mill closed and figured, "Since I've had a bypass, maybe I can get on disability, and then I won't have worry to about this stuff anymore." It worked; Scott is now on disability.

Scott's dad had a heart attack and went back to work in the mill. If there'd been a mill for Scott to go back to work in, he says, he'd have done that too. But there wasn't a mill, so he went on disability. It wasn't just Scott. I talked to a bunch of mill guys who took this path -- one who shattered the bones in his ankle and leg, one with diabetes, another with a heart attack. When the mill shut down, they all went on disability.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Arkh #115243 03/23/13 09:19 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: NPR
Jahleel's family primarily survives off the monthly $700 check they get for his disability.

Jahleel's mom wants him to do well in school. That is absolutely clear. But her livelihood depends on Jahleel struggling in school. This tension only increases as kids get older. One mother told me her teenage son wanted to work, but she didn't want him to get a job because if he did, the family would lose its disability check.
This is the kind of world government programs doling out free money creates.

Originally Posted By: NPR
A person on welfare costs a state money. That same resident on disability doesn't cost the state a cent, because the federal government covers the entire bill for people on disability. So states can save money by shifting people from welfare to disability. And the Public Consulting Group is glad to help.
This is disgusting. There is an entire industry geared around shifting people from state dependence to federal dependence.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Arkh #115248 03/24/13 06:15 AM
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Yes, glorious living off 700$/mo, lets cut all these people, plus disabled and just let them starve to death, because you know, 1% paying too much taxes and that trickle-down going to golden-shower you any minute now.

[Linked Image]
Sini #115255 03/24/13 09:13 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: sini
Yes, glorious living off 700$/mo, lets cut all these people, plus disabled and just let them starve to death, because you know, 1% paying too much taxes and that trickle-down going to golden-shower you any minute now.
Yeah, you're right. It is much better for a family to slave out their child to the government for $700/month than to get a job and take care of themselves. Congratulations, you progressives have been trying for 150 years to re-enslave people and it looks like you're succeeding.

Arkh #115260 03/24/13 01:43 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: redkgb
I got to say this article means a couple of different things to me. For one, I can see the draw of losing the means to support yourself, and your family, thru no fault of your own, and to have a system, so easy to step into, that allows you swallow your pride, to live as your allways have lived, and not work for anything. The draw is easy, it speaks to you with a mouth sweeten by milk and huney. Just give in, let us provide this for you, and you no longer need to sweat in the sun, freeze in the dead of night on shift work... Yes this could bring in and break the most strongly willed man.

Reforming the system will not fix the underlying problem. The under lying problem from my point of view, is/are people not feeling they have a way out of where they are at. They feel traped by thier surrondings, either due to the need to provide for thier family, living close to where thier family is, or not given a chance to see what choices they have before them. People must feel what they are doing provides something, that could be just about anything from a future for thier childeren, to providing for a retirment in the sun and shore. To work just for the sake of working will not cut it. We as a group must make a change to the underlying problem, and no reform of the system will do it alone.

Now from my personal stand point. I am disabled, my spine is fucked, it slipping in places, compacted in others and fused in a v shape in others. I live in pain every day, I take 7 different types of painkillers and muscle relaxers. I on avg take 21 pills a day. I still get up every morning, go to work, for the purpose of providing for my family, to feel a measure of self worth, for not letting life keep me down, for the ability to spit in Gods eye for fucking me over. I am driven, not of sound mind at times, but driven non the less.

I tell you all this not for pity, not to feel sorry for redkgb, but to understand that I know I more then qualify for disability. I would make a couple thousand more per month then what I make now. To say this program speaks to me is an understatment, the chance to play with my kids more often, to fish from the bank, the things could be endless.

We must change the underlying problem, if we dont, throwwing money at it will never fix it.

Arkh #115261 03/24/13 04:31 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Sadly I have a piece of shit cousin that is "disabled". He's not disabled, though he draws a disability check. He got by with it after he "claimed" he was injured on the job. Though after many Doctors visits they never could pin down how injured he was. During this time he would be doing a lot of things a person that was "supposed" to be disabled shouldn't be doing.

Once he put in the claim for disability he knew he would be watched. So all the sudden he wouldn't do a goddamn thing. I should mention he's 37 and still lives with my Aunt & Uncle (his mom & dad). So he wouldn't do basic things that EVEN someone that were disabled could or would be able to do. Like carry ANYTHING. He wouldn't so much as carry a bag of food that he and his parents bought. I'll go on to say my uncle had a very bad stroke about 8 years ago and he's not in any position to be able to do much... he's TRULY Disabled. But he also had the same job for 37 years before his stroke, so a lot of his money has came from retirement and such.

Now back to my cousin, he's still some how able to declare he's disabled. I'm sure he will be a lifer, it's a shame all his problem is that he is just one lazy mother fucker. I have a lot of back problems, it's just a matter of time of when it will completely go out. I get there are people out there that are legitimately disabled.

Sini, when are you going to wake up from the liberal/progressive coma that will allow you to understand that it's not just about taxing the 10%, 5% or 1%... it's about this Government fucking up everything it touches. If we had a good tax system, and the Government would keep their greedy fucking fingers out of programs like social security, we could have a better system when it comes to helping people with disability. We have programs that help people, and I don't have much of a problem with that. The problem I have is this Government treating it like it's another fucking bank roll they can do whatever they want with it. This administration would only treat themselves to more goodies if they raised taxes anymore. Nothing would go to helping with the debt, it would go to some other Government program. In which would make the debt problem even worse.

Arkh #115265 03/24/13 08:25 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
https://sites.google.com/site/wapshottke...-public-housing

Or, in a nutshell - the devil is in the details of the how. Too often those on the left castigate any criticism of the status quo as a call for discarding all safety nets and those on the right take as scripture that because many of the ones we have had are failures in various respects that there should be none at all.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Kaotic #115271 03/25/13 06:14 AM
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
Originally Posted By: redkgb
Post by Proxy

Should we consider an amnesty for Red? I'd support it, if he promise not to deranged spam again.

[Linked Image]
Wolfgang #115272 03/25/13 06:24 AM
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang
Sini, when are you going to wake up from the liberal/progressive coma...

It is fairly safe to say that we will never agree on some things. I had knocks in my life, but nothing that left a lasting mark. I'm fortunate to not need anything. I do not plan to get on the dole unless I have no other choice, but at the same time I don't see myself ever doing what Red is doing.

If for no other reason but selfishness, if I get fucked up I want to know that Government will take care of me.

I personally see people wanting to be on the dole not because it is so generous, it isn't, but because everything else has turned to shit. Middle class was fucked three ways from Sunday all to the benefit of 1%ers. So dole became comparatively good deal.

Irony is that the same people that complain about the dole, are the same people who advocate policies that lead to it becoming attractive alternative.

Simply cutting it will only increase number and severity of people getting fucked. At some point it will get bad enough that people will start rioting.

[Linked Image]
Sini #115281 03/25/13 01:52 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: sini
if I get fucked up I want to know that Government will take care of me.
I come from a typical middle class, broken home. If I get fucked up I know that my family will take care of me, I also know that I will find a way to provide for myself once I get used to whatever my fucked up situation is.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard