KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 19 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
nethervoid
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,004,937 Trump card
1,337,427 Picture Thread
477,157 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Helemoto
He is a Christian you should not like him.

I like Christians plenty. I think they are a little naive, but I like them. Some of my best friends are Christians. They will eventually come around. I mean there is sooooo much ammo against them and all organized religions.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
"When you have margins like 58,720,700 (50.1%) to 56,145,950 (48.4%), that means that 48.4% of people dislike Obama probably as much as I disliked and distrusted Bush."

Incidentally, I think you were perfectly justified in disliking and distrusting Bush. Back when he was the one fronting for a crony and corrupt system, you will recall we fell on the same side of most debates.

"I will never admit that which is untrue, and unsupported with real facts, and not "guilty until proven innocent" conspiracy theories."

The fact that Obama is a continuation of Bush is pretty well established and far from a "conspiracy theory". Bush gave lip service to many things I agreed with, however in practice his policy and governing apparatus worked to achieve opposite ends. The same holds true with Obama, I suppose I am continually surprised that you choose not to look past the rhetoric and focus on the actions. Even that "Consumer Protection" bureau.. you should google up what it has actually done, and what the ramifications have actually been sometime.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
This thread keeps delivering.

[Linked Image]
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Derid
The fact that Obama is a continuation of Bush is pretty well established and far from a "conspiracy theory". Bush gave lip service to many things I agreed with, however in practice his policy and governing apparatus worked to achieve opposite ends. The same holds true with Obama, I suppose I am continually surprised that you choose not to look past the rhetoric and focus on the actions. Even that "Consumer Protection" bureau.. you should google up what it has actually done, and what the ramifications have actually been sometime.

I strongly disagree with most of this paragraph. On the CPB, here you go:

Quote:
The first anniversary of American consumers' new financial watchdog came and went without fireworks. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) didn't trumpet its accomplishments. Its opponents didn't blast it for regulatory overreach. For an agency that (depending on your point of view) was either going to save consumers or bind and gag them with red tape, the silence was a little surreal

The delayed reaction may have something to do with the agency's late start (its director didn't take the reins until January, when President Obama used a recess appointment after fierce congressional opposition from Republicans). Maybe opponents are waiting to see how the CFPB resolves big, sensitive issues in the next few months. Or maybe it's a summer lull (the agency's first-year report is due soon).

"They've gotten off to a good start," says Claes Bell, a journalist for Bankrate, a Florida-based firm that tracks interest rates on mortgages, auto loans, and credit cards, among others. "They've created a user-friendly website and a streamlined complaint process." But "if you look at a list of things they've done to financial industries, they haven't done that much."

Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Go google up why homemakers cannot establish their own credit anymore.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Derid

Go google up why homemakers cannot establish their own credit anymore.

I bet the homemaker lobby is going to freak out!

Star Citizen Hanger:
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Pretty sad when you have to maintain a lobby to prevent an incompetent govt from screwing you over. This level of societal engineering is not possible to pull off correctly except by accident.

What I find interesting, is that so many MMO players dont realize these fundamental concepts. MMOs are typicaly created by extremely bright people, who also have complete control over the environ they create. Yet most get it wrong. Most good pvp systems came about by accident, and were later removed or altered because the devs were not able to wrap their heads around the qualities that actually made it good. Not because they were inherently stupid people, and not because they were malicious (though the mood on many forums would tend to disagree) but simply because even an artificial game is too complex to easily understand.

Even benign govt partaking of this level of engineering is a bull in a china shop. Motives are meaningless, if your solutions create more problems that they solve.

(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Well I think even if you get 90% agreement, you are still going to piss of 10%. The pissed off folks bitch the loudest. You just cant win.

Star Citizen Hanger:
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Screwing over 10% to simply make a politically friendly headline is not something I consider worthwhile. The thing is, if it was an isolated incident... it would not be that big a deal. The problem is when you have a cultural mentality of royally screwing over 10% of the people as a matter of course, repeatedly, in the name of some unattainable ideal or unrealistic expectation.

All too often if the high level premise sounds reasonable, and the motive sounds just... they will get behind something as long as they arent the ones getting screwed. I consider that to be very immoral and irresponsible. Govt shouldnt arbitrarily pick winners and losers in life just because it makes fuzzy-feeling headlines.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard