KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 27 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,016,951 Trump card
1,338,810 Picture Thread
477,749 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Kaotic #112441 01/07/13 07:48 PM
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Kaotic, you have yet to state exactly what your point is. I have asked you multiple times in this thread.

The article talked about video games, home schooling and anti-psychotic prescriptions. Out of that list, which one do you blame?

[Linked Image]
Sini #112442 01/07/13 07:49 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: sini
Come out and say already what is exactly you are trying to not say. Guns, kinds that enable you to kill multiple people in a short order, were used to cause tragedy. You are trying to insinuate that something else is to blame.

So what is that "something else" is? Stop hiding behind ambiguity and let it all hang. Come out and say it already.

You clearly don't understand where that article is coming from. They are linking antidepressant medication to these types of shootings. It even gives situations from the past, back to the Reagan assassination attempt up to current situations. I'm guessing you simply don't understand English, I don't know how much clearer that article has to be.

Sini #112443 01/07/13 07:54 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Kaotic, you have yet to state exactly what your point is. I have asked you multiple times in this thread.

The article talked about video games, home schooling and anti-psychotic prescriptions. Out of that list, which one do you blame?

Ahh OK, it's clear now. You simply don't understand English.

Quote:
Since last month’s horrifying and heartbreaking school massacre in Newtown, Conn., politicians and the press have, as everyone knows, been totally obsessed with firearms.

Indeed, President Obama has vowed to impose strong new gun-control measures on the nation – very soon, with or without Congress.
Ads by Google

Free Online RadioListen to Free Streaming Internet Radio Now with the Radio Toolbar www.RadioRage.com
How I Removed Bad Credit1 simple trick & my credit score jumped 217 pts. Banks hate this! www.thecreditsolutionprogram.com

Other possible factors – from violent video games to the “failure of our mental-health system” to the unintended consequences of making schools “gun-free zones” – have taken a back seat to guns. Within hours of the gruesome mega-crime, the media had provided extensive, round-the-clock coverage of precisely which firearms, manufacturers and calibers the perpetrator had used, how he had obtained them from his mother, where they were originally purchased, and so on.

But where, I’d like to ask my colleagues in the media, is the reporting about the psychiatric medications the perpetrator – who had been under treatment for mental-health problems – may have been taking?
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/the-giant-gaping-hole-in-sandy-hook-reporting/#Vk1UsKT4p0B5PgkO.99

The person writing the article was citing Media as to saying it was video games, ect. ect. But if you pay attention the article writer goes to say under the highlighted in the quote above.

Kaotic #112444 01/07/13 07:56 PM
Kaotic Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I'm not blaming anything other than Adam Lanza for the massacre in Newtown.

Come on man, even Wolfgang with his 3rd grade education is able to comprehend the point of that article. ;)

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Kaotic #112445 01/07/13 07:59 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
I'm not blaming anything other than Adam Lanza for the massacre in Newtown.

Come on man, even Wolfgang with his 3rd grade education is able to comprehend the point of that article. ;)

It's 4th grade... sheesh do I have to post the crayon books where I clearly stayed in between the lines to graduate? =P

KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang
They are linking antidepressant medication to these types of shootings.

Thank the lord, someone finally said it!

Linking - they implied causation, when they don't even have a correlation. Is there a study that links killing sprees with antidepressant medications? Why latch on medication and not some other factor (like home schooling, lol)? How do you know it is medication and not depressed people (that tend to be on antidepressant medication)? Would you consider that it could be that medication failure (and hundreds would-be killing sprees that it helps to stop) and not medication itself that is possible link?

Problem with these kinds of opinions is that they are baseless speculation. There might be one cause, there might be none or hundred different ones. We don't know. What we know is that these causes lead these people to pick up an implement of war, designed for killing people, and go on a killing spree. We know that in other countries, where getting your hands on such implements of war is harder, people still go on a killing sprees, but they are a lot less deadly.

[Linked Image]
Kaotic Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
do I have to post the crayon books where I clearly stayed in between the lines to graduate? =P
Hey, if you have some pictures of those that would be great for me to use to help my 3 year old nephew understand the concept.

Kaotic #112449 01/07/13 08:02 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
do I have to post the crayon books where I clearly stayed in between the lines to graduate? =P
Hey, if you have some pictures of those that would be great for me to use to help my 3 year old nephew understand the concept.

LOL

Sini #112450 01/07/13 08:03 PM
Kaotic Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Problem with these kinds of opinions is that they are baseless speculation.
As opposed to the scientific evidence you have showing that guns cause murders?

Sini #112451 01/07/13 08:04 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
They are linking antidepressant medication to these types of shootings.

Thank the lord, someone finally said it!

Linking - they implied causation, when they don't even have a correlation. Is there a study that links killing sprees with antidepressant medications? Why latch on medication and not some other factor (like home schooling, lol)? How do you know it is medication and not depressed people (that tend to be on antidepressant medication)? Would you consider that it could be that medication failure (and hundreds would-be killing sprees that it helps to stop) and not medication itself that is possible link?

Problem with these kinds of opinions is that they are baseless speculation. There might be one cause, there might be none or hundred different ones. We don't know. What we know is that these causes lead these people to pick up an implement of war, designed for killing people, and go on a killing spree.

We know that in other countries, where getting your hands on such implements of war is harder, people still go on a killing sprees, but they are a lot less deadly.

You must have forgotten about the Massacre in Norway where the guy killed 87 people because he was the only one with a gun.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard