KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 64 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 63 64
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Derid
Originally Posted By: sini
Why would insurance make this condition of coverage then?

Cause it is at least some sort of indication that someone with authorization to enter a premises (and a key) did not just pawn it off. Insurance typically only wants to cover random criminal behavior, not angry girlfriends.

Incorrect. They make it a condition of coverage because it demonstrates minimal acceptable level of preventative actions/deterrence. If you leave your door open you are a lot more likely to get burglarized.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Incorrect. They make it a condition of coverage because it demonstrates minimal acceptable level of preventative actions/deterrence. If you leave your door open you are a lot more likely to get burglarized.
Right, because criminals just walk through neighborhoods trying everyone's door until they find one that is open...

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight

Cause it is at least some sort of indication that someone with authorization to enter a premises (and a key) did not just pawn it off. Insurance typically only wants to cover random criminal behavior, not angry girlfriends.

So if I carry a gun I am demonstrating minimal acceptable level of preventative actions/deterrence.

Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Poor assumption is poor.

Not that this tangent has anything to do with the topic at hand. Unless you want to make the tired and incorrect " well banning X is better than nothing " act.

There have been people who have said "well if a law even prevented one death, it was worth it" forever. They werent right then, and still arent.

See Ice-T link posted previously for why. Its a strnage occurrence for me to be in 100% agreement with a gangsta rapper, but he is spot on.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
Right, because criminals just walk through neighborhoods trying everyone's door until they find one that is open...

Actually this is exactly how most burglaries are done.

Mass shootings aside - this is how most gun crimes are committed, with a gun that is too easily available. Stricter gun laws won't stop planned rampages but it will greatly reduce crimes of opportunity.

Pretending otherwise is just another conservative folly.

[Linked Image]
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council

Poor assumption is poor.

Availability and ease of access to gun is not an assumption - it is fact. Guns are way too easy to get for everyone, including mentally unstable individuals. This is big part of the problem.

Just like leaving your front door open - if you don't take minimal effort to safeguard/prevent the crime, then you are leaving yourself unreasonably exposed to it.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Lots of talk on gun banning. We'll see if it happens or not.

If memory serves me correctly, the 1994 Ban still comes to mind of our elected officials considering the transfer of power to Republicans once the ban went into effect. ( Short version is, ban goes into effect, enough people vote out all the folks who voted for it )

This is pretty much the reason Congress tries to stay out of such legislation, especially with their own elections right around the corner. I doubt the legislation will pass without full Senate support ( and that's not going to happen ) and even if it does, expect a Supreme Court showdown over it.

The other way around it would be for the States to implement their own rules about them. As long as the weapon is made IN the State and doesn't leave it, Congress has no say so about the commerce side of things concerning it. I would expect that topic to make an appearance soon.

Reactionary legislation after a tragedy is a piss poor way to run a country. Anyone here think the Patriot Act is a good piece of legislation ?

If all it takes is a tragedy to erode your rights, stand by. Expect to see a lot more of them in the near future.

Afterthought:

I lock my doors because evil people exist in the world. You can't go a single day here without the news telling of yet another home invasion. Group of men gain entry, tie everyone up, then rob everything they can. Your life is at their mercy. Some kill their victims, some don't.

My alarm will trigger the instant it happens. The individuals in question will have approximately two seconds to reach the back bedroom before I have the means to negate their presence permanently in hand and ready to go.

Last edited by Daye; 12/20/12 09:24 AM.
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Daye
If all it takes is a tragedy to erode your rights, stand by.

Well, the Obama administration is never one to "let a crisis go to waste..."

Originally Posted By: Kaotic
Actually this is exactly how most burglaries are done.
It must be an interesting world you live in, where you're an expert in all things. Locks keep honest people honest and that is all. If someone wants whats in your house, they will get in regardless of your feeble little attempt at security by locking your door.

A much better way to secure your home is what Daye has offered, armed resistance.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Kaotic, insurance companies disagree with you. That why they insist you lock the door, that why they may charge you extra if you have too much firepower in your house. They have to understand risks - that how they make money. Money talks, bullshit walk.

Good luck getting home insurance discount because you own a gun.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Not debating the points with Sini, because it's useless, and I'm not here to feed Trolls.

For those who actually read these forums without fixed bias, and are capable of considering counter-points:

Most illegal gun acquisitions do NOT occur as burglaries from legitimate gun owners; most are from others buying the guns and passing them on, or from illegal sales (either licensed dealers making illegal sales, or illegally smuggled guns sold in black markets.)
Here's one PBS Frontline article that talked about this very subject:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/guns/procon/guns.html

Also, regardless of what the Media blitz, and the lemmings who fall for their topics, want you to believe, Handguns are still the largest source of firearm homicide in the U.S. (by a longshot):
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/table-20

- Wildcard / Tiernan
Page 18 of 64 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 63 64

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard