KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 14 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Aviendha
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,002,032 Trump card
1,336,056 Picture Thread
476,615 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Oh ... and other point. I think this relaunch of DFO may have a distinct advantage over the origial, or even Shadowbane's launch.

I always felt the Beta runs for for both of these titles really caused major problems with launch.

In SB-Treachery ... the dominance of CoS was directly related to the presence they had in the Beta & really left some people with a bad taste for the type of hardcore PvP that SB was. It was not until the large beta guilds broke up, the early servers were shut down and server merges started taking place that the real SB started to show its potential (not to mention the plague that was the sb.exe errors early on) ... at that point, though, it took had taken a toll on healthy server populations.

Likewise, DFO had a similar launch experience ... the beta guilds just had a huge foot up at the start, discouraging many because they could not compete right away ... the large beta guilds broke up (or were forced by KGB and allies!!!) ... populations moved on and the game suffered.

While betas are a reality of MMOs, it really is a catch 22 ... here's to hoping a relaunch here won't suffer the same situation.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I can't compare it to DF1 as I had no experience with it. According to most I've heard that did play it, I missed little :D

That being said, if this game is one that requires ungodly amounts of time to invest to be competitive, then it isn't something I will even try to partake in. At most, I can do a few hours per week anymore. I've considered retiring from online gaming more than once in recent years because of this.

I have found over the years, that unless you can put in mad amounts of time, you will forever be fodder for those who can.
You can't compete with those who are retired, unemployed, or have the entire summer off when it comes to in game time.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Rest assured Daye, character development will be a fraction of what it was.
The only one feature that hindes most of people and they deny it by their pride, is the full loot feature, because high skill players will prey on groups with low player skill.
And the gathering and farming time is not that fast, so people get high frustated by losing everything of course.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Daye
I can't compare it to DF1 as I had no experience with it. According to most I've heard that did play it, I missed little :D

That being said, if this game is one that requires ungodly amounts of time to invest to be competitive, then it isn't something I will even try to partake in. At most, I can do a few hours per week anymore. I've considered retiring from online gaming more than once in recent years because of this.

I have found over the years, that unless you can put in mad amounts of time, you will forever be fodder for those who can.
You can't compete with those who are retired, unemployed, or have the entire summer off when it comes to in game time.

DF1 was by far and above the best experience in gaming I have ever had. I still remember the intimate details of some of the giant battles. Far and away the BEST OF THE BEST even with the short comings.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I would have to agree with Jet especially early EU days. Now at that point i wasnt a part of KGB but i would put the early EU days above my UO days. Who knows what DF:UW will hold but i think if nothing else it will be a ton of fun for the first few months like DF1 was.

JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Darka and Critter are IN!

Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
instrament around anymore?

Y
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Y
I wish you guys the best.

I played DF as well and though it had it's shortcomings it was an unforgettable experience. The gameplay was extremely challenging and made me a much better gamer if that makes any sense.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I'm bringing Zar and one other with me if that counts

JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Good deal, I am going to hold a meeting this coming week.

Star Citizen Hanger:
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard