KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Decon Black
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,988,697 Trump card
1,324,443 Picture Thread
474,043 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Baby Boomers, a generation of locust, of fundamental problem with hypocrisy of Tea Party most represented demographic.

I wanted to write an article about this, but Jim Takersley did it for me.
Who Destroyed the Economy? The Case Against the Baby Boomers
Quote:
Ultimately, members of my father's generation--generally defined as those born between 1946 and 1964--are reaping more than they sowed. They graduated smack into one of the strongest economic expansions in American history. They needed less education to snag a decent-salaried job than their children do, and a college education cost them a small fraction of what it did for their children or will for their grandkids. One income was sufficient to get a family ahead economically. Marginal federal income-tax rates have fallen steadily, with rare exception, since boomers entered the labor force; government retirement benefits have proliferated. At nearly every point in their lives, these Americans chose to slough the costs of those tax cuts and spending hikes onto future generations.

Thing is, calls for less taxes, justified in every imaginable way, are still continue up to this day. These fuckers are dead-set on living large and sticking the rest of us with the bill. I am almost tempted to go into politics so I can personally throw this locust generation under the bus for what they have done.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: sinij
Quote:
Ultimately, members of my father's generation--generally defined as those born between 1946 and 1964--are reaping more than they sowed.

Not sure they are the Tea Party demographics.
But I may be wrong.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

I generally agree about the boomers. Their complete political incompetence is the cause of many of our problems. They dont take the entirety of the blame, most of the groundwork for our fiscal, health and other woes was actually laid by Nixon. Boomers' Bush just rapidly accelerated the process.

Though I see the Tea Party as mostly an awakening of boomers. Thats overly simplistic, and various forms of imperfection can be found all around to be certain.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
At long last, the truth comes out. You want to kill anyone who disagrees with your ideology. You could have told us that from the beginning and we could all have avoided a lot of wasted time trying to have a rational conversation with an irrational person with dictatorial aspirations.

This by the way is the same sort of generalization that makes your side the racists. We assume that individuals can make decisions apart from whatever group they belong to. You assume that an entire group makes decisions as one.

Get rid of government retirement benefits and force people to be responsible for their own retirement and the problem is solved.

The sort of calamity you're railing against here is exactly what happens every time people who share your ideology get their way. In fact, it was people who share your ideology who started the whole idea of a "safety net," that was supposed to expire by the way, that lead to the broken social security system we have today. Congratulations. You get to see first hand what happens under your idea of effective government planning when humans are involved.

All of that aside, this article is exactly the sort of mealy mouthed whining I would expect from a member of generation X (my generation) who was raised to believe that everything should be given to him on a silver platter. This is the sort of person that "a trophy for everyone" produces. I don't blame the Baby Boomers for the economy. I blame them for failing to teach their children the value of hard work and dedication. They didn't want their children to go without, so they afforded them every excess. Those chickens are now coming home to roost.

If you don't like your life, get off your ass and do something about it. This is one of the few places on earth where that is actually possible, and we still have multitudes of people whining that they can't do it because it's too hard. Well, life is hard. Suck it up and deal with it, or roll over and die.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
"Get rid of government retirement benefits and force people to be responsible for their own retirement and the problem is solved."

Two reasons it wouldn't work well.

1) The government is not going to give up their favorite slush fund they can play with as they see fit.

2) Most folks would not have the first clue on how to invest that on their own. Though since it is nigh impossible to live on SS alone, I don't see much changing either way.

I agree I would love to see SS abolished completely. Quit taking it out of my pay, refund what has been taken so far and I'll handle it on my own. Not very likely to see it happen in our lifetimes though.

Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
At long last, the truth comes out. You want to kill anyone who disagrees with your ideology.

Since you can't see my facial expression over internet - I am rolling my eyes at you. Please return soap box to its place when you are finished with it.

Originally Posted By: Kaotic
All of that aside, this article is exactly the sort of mealy mouthed whining I would expect from a member of generation X (my generation) who was raised to believe that everything should be given to him on a silver platter.

Above is prime example of Stockholm syndrome.

Last edited by sinij; 10/05/12 04:20 PM.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Daye
"Get rid of government retirement benefits and force people to be responsible for their own retirement and the problem is solved."

Two reasons it wouldn't work well.

1) The government is not going to give up their favorite slush fund they can play with as they see fit.

2) Most folks would not have the first clue on how to invest that on their own. Though since it is nigh impossible to live on SS alone, I don't see much changing either way.

I agree I would love to see SS abolished completely. Quit taking it out of my pay, refund what has been taken so far and I'll handle it on my own. Not very likely to see it happen in our lifetimes though.

Oddly I dont think SS is a bad thing if it was'nt messed with. Most people can't,don't or will not save for the future and it benifits all of us to have a safety net.

Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
SS isn't bad thing, but when segment of population can vote to take out more than they put in, well then you have a problem.

[Linked Image]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
its soooo simple: you cant pay people not to work. call it retirement, welfare, whatever. it dont work

KGB Darkfall
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
It isn't that black and white Cheerio. Plus in another 20 years thanks to automation even with strong economy we won't need all these people working. What do you propose we do with them?

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard