KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Decon Black
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,988,697 Trump card
1,324,443 Picture Thread
474,043 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
http://www.gallup.com/poll/157589/distru...ign=syndication

People in general seem to be wising up.

In related news, Dems are far more likely than GOPers or Independents to still have faith in the BS they are shoveled.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
I still not sure if anything on the left comes close to FOX.

[Linked Image]
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

While Fox doesnt exactly have a sterling rep in many regards, my take was that even though its known that GOPers watch a lot more Fox.. they know better than to actually trust it.

Anecdotally speaking, most of the GOPers I know who watch Fox dont really trust it - not the way people trusted Edward Murrow or Walter Cronkite. Its true they do watch it because it is more ideologically friendly...

Ofc there are still that 30% who drink the kool-aid.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: sinij
Because real impartial journalists all have "thrills up their legs" when Obama speaks...

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

I dont think its even about partial or impartial.Everyone has a bias of some sort. The problem with the MSM is they do not even attempt to dig for information or provide critical analysis.

On some occasions they will air "competing claims" , but only when it suits them.

Very rarely is there any attempt to cross examine the "claims" - the term "claims" in this context meaning anything put forward by any party - from an AP Wire story to a politicians statement. Its not even the journalists though - the people who decide what stories to run with, how to present them, and whether to dig for context or evaluate its merits does not fall to the journalists.

Those activities are handled by the Editors, Producers, and Executive Producers. Of course like in any job, the lower ranks of talking heads and field reporters and writers quickly learn to produce the types of materials their bosses want to see. The Editors, Producers and Executive Producers of course report to top executives.. and work to produce the type of material *their* bbosses want to see.

The irony of the whole situation is, is that the Maddows and Hannities of the world actually - by MSM standards - do some of the best reporting. Of course sometimes they screw the pooch and mis-report. But the openly biased media at least has incentive to search for stories and cross examine some claims - even if they only apply that rigor to their ideological and political foes.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight

Sorry friend, but you are delusional!

KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang

Sorry friend, but you are delusional!

That might as well be the case, but it doesn't prevent me from being right in this particular instance.

[Linked Image]
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Derid
Everyone has a bias of some sort. The problem with the MSM is they do not even attempt to dig for information or provide critical analysis.

I assume you believe MSM to be "FOX equivalent" on the left?

Alright, I will take your charge of "not providing critical analysis" and raise to FOX intentionally misrepresenting facts to support their make-believe story. I don't object to FOX because they present Right-Side point of view, I object to FOX because they manufacture or intentionally misrepresent facts to manufacture what sells - faux outrage. They are clearly in entertainment/money making business, not in business of keeping people informed, and the irony of this situation does not escape me.

Why would you even bother defending FOX?

Last edited by sinij; 09/22/12 10:05 AM.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Alright, I will take your charge of "not providing critical analysis" and raise to FOX intentionally misrepresenting facts to support their make-believe story. I don't object to FOX because they present Right-Side point of view, I object to FOX because they manufacture or intentionally misrepresent facts to manufacture what sells - faux outrage. They are clearly in entertainment/money making business, not in business of keeping people informed, and the irony of this situation does not escape me.

I think you're making the mistake of lumping the opinion shows on fox in with the news shows on fox.

The biggest difference, other than ideologically, between Hannity (I can't stand that condescending ass) and Maddow is that one claims to be opinion and the other claims to be news.

You laid a pretty serious claim there about manufacturing facts. Care to back that up?

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Originally Posted By: Derid
Everyone has a bias of some sort. The problem with the MSM is they do not even attempt to dig for information or provide critical analysis.

I assume you believe MSM to be "FOX equivalent" on the left?

Why would you even bother defending FOX?

The rest of the MSM manufactures and willfully ignores facts just like Fox. I am not defending Fox... I am pointing out that the rest arent any better.

Things like Zimmerman tapes.. which were edited to sound racist, reporting that the Libyan and Egyptian flare ups were spontaneous protests despite all evidence, etc, etc

Thats without even getting into things that are factual, but presented in a way intended to be misleading. My favorite example being Jets Frontline episode on TARP. The journalists did not lie outright, they just allowed the people they covered to lie without critical cross examination, presented a package that created a false consensus and ignored any alternative views.

Yeah, Fox has many faults. But the rest of the MSM is no better.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard