KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: JetStar
Originally Posted By: Cheerio
so i will be the one to state the obvious in clear terms.

1. sinij does not want a debate, because he will lose, as he has lost every debate

2. he will use any method, no matter how craven, to paint "the right" in a bad ligt

3. there is no point posting things that he disagrees with. he wont read them or will change the subject

4. "dumpster diving" is an apt term for the desperate "tactic" of mining hateful comments. however, the tweets of so called comedians and other celebrities, always of a leftish tilt, dont even need to be dug up. if someone wants to compare hate, i will match you post for post

http://www.structuremag.org/Archives/2007-11/SF-WTC7-Gilsanz-Nov07.pdf

I could not disagree with you more here, and would make the same accusation against you and the other conservatives in this forum.

Or you Jet that refuses to answer questions till some one else does, so you can sit there and critce what they said. ha, you sit on a high horse Jet, but at the end of the day your tone is as intolrante as sinij. But in the end that is ok, we love you and sinij all the same. How can we not measure our own thoughts and actions with out comparing them to others. And that is the purpose of both Jet and Sinij.

Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
I only alleged that NIST did not do a thorough job in their report and that that sort of slip-shod work is typical of a government bureaucracy. That's it.

And we all agreed on that part, but please note topic did not die there.

Originally Posted By: sinij
After watching video I concluded: a) Government report was half-assed b) National response was botched due to understandably being unprepared for something like 9/11

Above is quote of my saying exactly this in that other thread.

So what did we not address? We did not address "controlled demolition" and "building 7" claims from the video.

Now please tell me how can you make "controlled demolition" claim and NOT make it some sort of a conspiracy? Buildings don't "controlled demolition" on their own. This is the point where one would cross from healthy skepticism into conspiracy theory.

[Linked Image]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: RedKGB
HURDURF

Red, I think I can safely speak for the group here and let you know that your line of '...but we still love you' flaming officially jumped the shark. You used it so much it made a hole in the forms.

[Linked Image]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: RedKGB
HURDURF

Red, I think I can safely speak for the group here and let you know that your line of '...but we still love you' flaming officially jumped the shark. You used it so much it made a hole in the forms.

Its not flaming if I really love ya'll, and I really do love ya'll. You cant seem to understand that I have love for just about everyone and everything. You cant accept that, and must think I am flaming. But in the end I do love you and Jet, with out pretense, or desire to need the love returned. My love is an open love.

Now either you are going to answer the question or run from it, your choice.

Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
I only alleged that NIST did not do a thorough job in their report and that that sort of slip-shod work is typical of a government bureaucracy. That's it.

And we all agreed on that part, but please note topic did not die there.

After watching video I concluded: a) Government report was half-assed b) National response was botched due to understandably being unprepared for something like 9/11

Above is quote of my saying exactly this in that other thread.

So what did we not address? We did not address "controlled demolition" and "building 7" claims from the video.

Now please tell me how can you make "controlled demolition" claim and NOT make it some sort of a conspiracy? Buildings don't "controlled demolition" on their own. This is the point where one would cross from healthy skepticism into conspiracy theory.

Considering AlQ had bombed WTC buildings before with explosives... the idea that they might possibly try again except try harder to target vulnerable areas of a building did not strike me as a particularly conspiratorial idea.

Given the chaos of the day, and the fact that the NIST report was slipshod it seems entirely plausible that such a bombing could have occurred and not made its way into the public record.

I consider "conspiracy theory" in this case to be speculation that Bush and Co. intentionally destroyed the WTC buildings. Not speculation on how or why the criminals generally known to have masterminded the events of that day in the first place might have gotten away with more than we originally thought, where there are holes in the official account.

In any case, it was completely a hypothetical to demonstrate the effects of cultural cognition (to borrow that Australian psych paper term) on how people assimilate and judge information. Some elements here seem to have missed the point, and decided that proving X or Y was what "really happened" was the point of that thread.

The random speculation was just that - idle speculation to prove that engaging in such type of idle speculation can trigger an extreme emotional response from people who have been told that any such speculation is a sign of a malfunctioning mind and needs to be quashed right away.

From the extreme lengths some elements went to assault me on that thread, you would think I had been trying to make some particular controversial assertion regarding what "really" happened... instead of conversationally engaging in idle speculation of what "theoretically might" have happened given our lack of concrete info.

The fact that even idle discussion of the event, in the same manner we might discuss any other topic elicits such strong emotional reactions from people is what is important here and the phenomena I was trying to demonstrate - which I did with the help of the (oddly and unexpectedly) the left-wing faction on this this forum.

The irony is that I engineered the topic with the idea that I would probably end up debating the right wing faction on the forum. I had been debating the left wing for quite some time and felt like a change of pace, so I phished around for a new controversial topic that I thought I could make a general point with. A topic that I thought would elicit strong reactions from all segments.

However as it turned out, the right wing faction around here seemed to understand pretty early at least what I was trying to do and generally passed on the topic and did not "take the bait" so to speak. So it fell to the left wing faction to swoop in and get in a tizzy over the fact that someone had the temerity to discuss the topic in public. And thus the point was made.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I'm declaring myself the victor in this thread, and every other thread where you have avoided my direct points. so thats all of them.

college knowitall hippies are notorious for having a tenuous grasp of reality, and an inability to see in themselves what they despise in others

#win

KGB Darkfall
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council

facepalm

[Linked Image]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Sorry Derid if my reply to Kaotic mislead you into thinking that I would be willing to return to that debate topic.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

No worries, the topic wasnt about you - you and Jet just served yourselves up as examples to help me prove a point.

I am quite aware you have nothing further to say on the topic, and was not expecting anything.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Or you Jet that refuses to answer questions till some one else does, so you can sit there and critce what they said. ha, you sit on a high horse Jet, but at the end of the day your tone is as intolrante as sinij. But in the end that is ok, we love you and sinij all the same. How can we not measure our own thoughts and actions with out comparing them to others. And that is the purpose of both Jet and Sinij.

Now guys, come one. I just try to give you guys a taste of your own medicine. Some times a little shock value makes it a better debate. Haven't you been watching the Left vs Right debates?

Would it even be fun if we all just agreed.

Do you want me to "The boring I agree with everyone" forum.

TO be honest, I try to stay out of here, but dabble for a while until you guys all piss me off, then I swear I always will. HONESTLY, debating these points just helps me reinforce why I believe the way I do. Being able to argue your opinions means that you really believe in what you do. I still say that I am open minded enough to change my mind of one of you convinces me. That is the real problem today. I think we are all so polarized, that we just can't see the other side. My opinion is that we have moved so far to the left and right, there is not middle ground. /rant off.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard