KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 40 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,018,041 Trump card
1,338,954 Picture Thread
477,838 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#103632 08/23/12 08:10 PM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
China Confronts Mounting Piles of Unsold Goods.

China's economy is overheating, any day now they will get desperate enough and start dumping goods despite WTO regulations. This would be one of the few cases that sanctions and tariffs should be used.

[Linked Image]
Sini #103635 08/23/12 08:19 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Yeah, I cant say I care for "free trade" and I certainly do not care for WTO or global organizations.

My opposition to "free trade" is probably the biggest thing that sets me apart from many Liberty folk, who tend to be big into free trade.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Derid #103637 08/23/12 08:26 PM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
I support free trade in principle, given that wealth derived from it proportionally distributed within society.

[Linked Image]
Sini #103658 08/24/12 05:33 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Not a free trade fan. Sinij, you should look into the ramifications of NAFTA on Mexican economy. Absolutely deplorable what that has done to their agricultural job market, and that is exactly what free trade does. It incites companies to relocate to the lower income areas and exploit the citizenry. I figured you'd be against that.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Sini #103822 08/28/12 07:38 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
free trade incentivizes companies to exploit people, environmental regulations (lack of), evade taxes , empower despots, operate banana republics, and reduce first world economies to ruin by drawing all the cash out of them and into the symbiotes.

i guess im a protectionist, because i dont think a country can be great if it doesnt produce anything, but just lets the banks and speculators push piles of money around, and create mcjobs for the masses.

KGB Darkfall
Sini #103823 08/28/12 07:39 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: sinij
I support free trade in principle, given that wealth derived from it proportionally distributed within society.

what method would you recommend for this redistribution? seizure of the means of production by the proletariat?

KGB Darkfall
Cheerio #103828 08/28/12 09:06 PM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Cheerio

what method would you recommend for this redistribution? seizure of the means of production by the proletariat?

Progressive taxation would work just fine.

[Linked Image]
Sini #103835 08/29/12 05:07 AM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: Cheerio

Progressive taxation would work just fine.

How would you feel about a flat tax for income, and value added tax for anything made outside the US?

RedKGB #103860 08/29/12 03:44 PM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: RedKGB
How would you feel about a flat tax for income, and value added tax for anything made outside the US?

Initial opinion - that would be a tariff and probably against WTO agreements. I'd have to think more about it as a concept, but considering how little is made in the US, and how easy to game such system by say, doing packaging in the US and claiming "made in the USA!" I would highly doubt such measure would be effective.

Here is interesting story for you. For a while US had a import tax on some cargo vans mad outside of US. Don't remember why or when, but Ford would import them with passenger seats then remove these seats and sell the van. Then send these seats back to where they were manufactured to get reused. The only jobs US got out of it is a production line that would remove pointless passenger seats from otherwise perfectly good cargo vans.

[Linked Image]
Sini #103861 08/29/12 03:47 PM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Second part - flat tax income is fundamentally bad idea. Even if you manage to create true flat tax, so everything you spend, down to licensing fees and municipal taxes always adds up to some X%, regardless of your income (a monumental undertaking, but lets say its possible), you still would have an issue with concentration of wealth and resulting corruption of power structures.

The only way to keep democratic society functioning as a true democracy is to prevent extreme concentration of wealth in too few hands. Yes, that means that society should strive to eliminate any and all ultra-rich.

Last edited by sinij; 08/29/12 03:47 PM.

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard