KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 40 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,018,041 Trump card
1,338,954 Picture Thread
477,838 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#102842 08/07/12 07:28 AM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Real cost of partisanship

Quote:
A rising number of manufacturers are canceling new investments and putting off new hires because they fear paralysis in Washington will force hundreds of billions in tax increases and budget cuts in January, undermining economic growth in the coming months.

Basically, a lot of business investment (and jobs recovery) is on hold because Republican shenanigans are expected to be new normal. Why Republican? Because that the party that made filibusters and various 'no compromise' pledges new normal on Capitol Hill.

[Linked Image]
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Norquist!

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
97-0
414-0
How's that for bipartisan?

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

When Reid agrees to bring GOP/bipartisan legislation to an actual vote, I will blame the GOP for filibustering in retaliation.

Sorry, the whole "its them not me" is all perception politics. Its both of them, and to an equal degree because neither party leadership actually gives the slightest shit about anyone or anything other than power. Actually the Dems right *now* are far far worse, Reid wont bring the Fed audit to a vote. ("now" being a month to month thing, they are both "bad") Even though in the past he was all for auditing the Fed. Just one more demonstration of how the Dems simply will stop a popular bipartisan bill by not putting it to a vote, yet cry foul in a loud whiny voice when the GOP filibusters... and the MSM laps it up.

The Dems have completely taken a "my way of the highway* approach. They just dont let something be vote on in the Senate if they dont like it. The media doesn't report on it very often. Liberal leaning media does not report on it at all.... and simply reports on how the GOP is obstructionist. Dems pulled a neat trick with this whole issue.. but trust me it is just a trick.

The Dem Senate hasn't even produced a budget for years. Yes, years. Why not? Because if they did the GOP House could amend it and Reid would not be able to stop it from coming to a vote , or filibuster and the GOP could pass it via reconciliation if they grabbed a couple of moderate Senate Dem votes - the same method used to pass Obamacare. Basically the Dems are so frightened of the GOP using their weapon against them to actually put legislation in front of Obama that Obama would then have to publicly sign or not sign, they dont allow anything to happen or come to a vote if Reid isnt behind it or it is not part of some horse-trade with Boehner.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0512/76358.html
About the budget ^

For them to behave in that fashion, then turn around and make it look like the GOP is all at fault, and that a handful of GOP congresspeople/senators who actually have a backbone enough to do what they told their constituents they would do in Washington - ie, not expand govt - is nothing more than petty party politics.

Also... you forget to mention that if Romney were to win, that business investment and job recovery would come rushing back, because it is Obama (regulates to help his friends, under the false flag of progress) who makes them uncertain.

Additionally, some people think that the looming "fiscal cliff" is good for us in the long term. I am not so certain, because I do not want my taxes to go up and would rather see slashed spending to a larger degree. However, either way.. this whole debacle is the result of Obama/Reid trying their darndest to use their positions to carefully frame the GOP in a specific light. They have been pretty successful with it.

( And before you mention it, yes I realize that the GOP has their own cheerleading media sections... and I also think that they pull the same stunts when they can. The Dems simply have the positions right now to manage it.)

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Missing in Action - October 2021
Missing in Action - October 2021
Originally Posted By: Derid

When Reid agrees to bring GOP/bipartisan legislation to an actual vote, I will blame the GOP for filibustering in retaliation.

Sorry, the whole "its them not me" is all perception politics. Its both of them, and to an equal degree because neither party leadership actually gives the slightest shit about anyone or anything other than power. Actually the Dems right *now* are far far worse, Reid wont bring the Fed audit to a vote. ("now" being a month to month thing, they are both "bad") Even though in the past he was all for auditing the Fed. Just one more demonstration of how the Dems simply will stop a popular bipartisan bill by not putting it to a vote, yet cry foul in a loud whiny voice when the GOP filibusters... and the MSM laps it up.

The Dems have completely taken a "my way of the highway* approach. They just dont let something be vote on in the Senate if they dont like it. The media doesn't report on it very often. Liberal leaning media does not report on it at all.... and simply reports on how the GOP is obstructionist. Dems pulled a neat trick with this whole issue.. but trust me it is just a trick.

The Dem Senate hasn't even produced a budget for years. Yes, years. Why not? Because if they did the GOP House could amend it and Reid would not be able to stop it from coming to a vote , or filibuster and the GOP could pass it via reconciliation if they grabbed a couple of moderate Senate Dem votes - the same method used to pass Obamacare. Basically the Dems are so frightened of the GOP using their weapon against them to actually put legislation in front of Obama that Obama would then have to publicly sign or not sign, they dont allow anything to happen or come to a vote if Reid isnt behind it or it is not part of some horse-trade with Boehner.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0512/76358.html
About the budget ^

For them to behave in that fashion, then turn around and make it look like the GOP is all at fault, and that a handful of GOP congresspeople/senators who actually have a backbone enough to do what they told their constituents they would do in Washington - ie, not expand govt - is nothing more than petty party politics.

Also... you forget to mention that if Romney were to win, that business investment and job recovery would come rushing back, because it is Obama (regulates to help his friends, under the false flag of progress) who makes them uncertain.

Additionally, some people think that the looming "fiscal cliff" is good for us in the long term. I am not so certain, because I do not want my taxes to go up and would rather see slashed spending to a larger degree. However, either way.. this whole debacle is the result of Obama/Reid trying their darndest to use their positions to carefully frame the GOP in a specific light. They have been pretty successful with it.

( And before you mention it, yes I realize that the GOP has their own cheerleading media sections... and I also think that they pull the same stunts when they can. The Dems simply have the positions right now to manage it.)

[clap] [clap] [clap]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Two thumbs up derid.

Also I rember reading, but cant rember the source, we are spending 23% of the GDP and only taking in 17% of GDP in taxes.

I say lets raise taxes, across the board, from those makeing 24k a year on up. Lets get to 20% GDP taxed, and cut spending to 19% of GDP till we get out of the whole, and then raise spending to 20% of GDP.

Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council

Do you think bipartisan legislation on budget is even possible when most republican politicians have RINO inquisitions and various pledges hanging over their reelection prospects? At this point the only kind bipartisan legislation that is possible is "100% GOP way" that democrats would vote on to avoid complete meltdown. See Ryan budget and other joke legislature, where GOP managed to include their entire agenda via defunding backdoor. Do you really think Democrats should allow such legislation to go forward?

Now I want to really be open-minded on this topic, because I also want to hold my side accountable, so please provide any and all examples where Democrats behaved inappropriately.

Last edited by sinij; 08/08/12 06:34 AM.

[Linked Image]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council

The Dems have completely taken a "my way of the highway* approach.

You are misinformed. Please provide 3 recent examples when this happened where there wasn't "repeal obamacare" or similar riders on the bill.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

I will dig up a few more later when I have time to go look at the bill tracking websites to make sure I get the bills right, but for now -

Audit the Fed
Audit the Fed
Audit the Fed

Oh, and wheres the Dem budget proposal? Heaven forbid something might pass and Obama would have to take a public stance on something specific before an election.

Besides, I think gridlock is typically a GOOD thing. Name one good thing that has come out of either party controlling both branches of Govt, under Reagan, Clinton, Bush or Obama.

I think this guy http://youtu.be/8Gck0A41e-A sums it up pretty well, if you have time to listen. ( its a youtube clip from a radio show)

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard