KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#97239 01/09/12 11:16 AM
Kaotic Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Discuss.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Debt Collector Is Faulted for Tough Tactics in Hospitals

Quote:
Hospital patients waiting in the emergency room or convalescing after surgery could find themselves confronted by an unexpected visitor: a debt collector at bedside.

Accretive debt-collection employees, calling themselves “financial counselors,” are instructed by the upper management ranks to stall patients entering the emergency room until they have agreed to pay a prior balance, according to the documents.

Patients with outstanding balances are closely tracked by Accretive staff members, who list them on what employees refer to as “stop lists,” internal documents show. In March 2011, doctors at Fairview complained that such strong-arm tactics were discouraging patients from seeking life-saving treatments.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
WOW that's wrong. As I mentioned in another post, I had to have emergency surgery and racked up a $10,000 bill. They knew I didn't have Insurance. I spent a week in the hospital, they DID NOT send someone to my bedside asking WHEN I was going to pay. They did come in and offer medicaid, but since I had a job and made decent money they likely would not have paid much on it anyway. So I declined the medicaid and paid for it myself. I'm sure there's some horror stories out there, those things are going to happen because people are fucking stupid. Don't use that as a way to claim the Government taking over healthcare is any better, because it's not. As I mentioned in the other post, there are many ways to cut healthcare cost that doesn't Involve taxing more or more Government involvement.

Last edited by Wolfgang; 04/24/12 03:32 PM.
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I have changed my mind on health care issue, I think government involvement would not be any better like you said.

but out curiosity, Wolfgang, like you said before you had to pay 10.000 for the problem that you had, but if you had an heart attack and had to pay for a bypass cirurgy that costs like $112,000, what would you do?

Last edited by Mithus; 04/24/12 04:14 PM.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
hmm you could sell assets, you could make payments, you could raid your retirement if you have one.

if you have been legally employed you have been paying disability insurance, which will gove some sort of income.

i for example pay extra insurance so i am totally covered even if something happens at home. it aint cheap, but im not as young.

i think when youre young you can gamble that you will stay fairly healthy. if you want to mitigate risk a catastrophic insurance policy is cheaper than a cell phone payment every month.

remember: "failure to plan ahead on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part".

KGB Darkfall
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
Discuss.
Originally Posted By: sinij
Debt Collector Is Faulted for Tough Tactics in Hospitals

Quote:
Hospital patients waiting in the emergency room or convalescing after surgery could find themselves confronted by an unexpected visitor: a debt collector at bedside.

Accretive debt-collection employees, calling themselves “financial counselors,” are instructed by the upper management ranks to stall patients entering the emergency room until they have agreed to pay a prior balance, according to the documents.

Patients with outstanding balances are closely tracked by Accretive staff members, who list them on what employees refer to as “stop lists,” internal documents show. In March 2011, doctors at Fairview complained that such strong-arm tactics were discouraging patients from seeking life-saving treatments.

damn dude, did you even read your own article? the company was hired by the hospital, number one. number two, what they did was probably illegal, number three, how are these hospitals supposed to survive all this unpaid debt? in my shithole town the county hospital closed- went broke- and the catholic hospital that was left had to reduce services to survive. those filthy christians were mad at losing so much money i guess. what nerve!
anyway i would rather see the hospitals sue their patients who dont oay and take all their stuff.

by the way, i have teenage students who pwe 100s of hours of community service and 10,000s in restitution who must pay those off- you just make one payment at a time

KGB Darkfall
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Cheerio
remember: "failure to plan ahead on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part".

So what is your plan for getting cancer, losing your job and getting dropped from your insurance and/or reaching lifetime max?

[Linked Image]
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
I would say dying.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: sinij
Originally Posted By: Cheerio

So what is your plan for getting cancer, losing your job and getting dropped from your insurance and/or reaching lifetime max?

Enjoy the time you/I have left. Everyone dies, no one gets out of life alive. It is not some one else's job to ensure I make it to 70. And before you make a mean come back, I have buried one child allready, and watched one barely survive, and anthoer go thru surgey for 3 hours to live. I had no insurance at the time, I made less then 1k a month during this period. Was it hard, hell yes, did I pay back every dime, yes, 20 dollars every 2 weeks.

Sinj, you keep coming back with what if's, I have lived thru your what ifs. Millions to billions of others have allso. It is not the goverments job to take care of us from the cradle to the grave.

And yes Sinj, I still love you, and enjoy talking with you.

KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Red, it seems that you went through a lot of hardships in your life, and I am sorry you had to go through that. I can't imagine kind person like you wishing any of it on others, but that is how your posts reads.

"It is not the government's job" conservative line of thinking is used to justify undermining main function of our government - that is combine society's resources and then distribute them in most effective way. How can an individual engage in "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness" if they are sick, starving and have no way out of their predicaments?

Health care is a fundamental human need and existing system that does not guarantee basic health care to every member of society makes it impossible to achieve or exercise your freedoms. Fundamental Human Needs. How can one advance career, or start your own business, or invent next technological breakthrough if one has to be concerned with preexisting conditions, breaks in coverage and all other evils this system inflicts on us?

The system we have right now is barbaric. It is nether consumer-choice oriented nor market-driven, nether 'greater overall good' nor best individual outcome-based. US health care costs more than anywhere in the world and delivers worst results. Doesn't matter what ideological side of this debate you happen to subscribe to - one thing you cannot deny, existing system is simply does not work.

Last edited by sinij; 04/26/12 10:35 AM.

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard