Originally Posted By: JetStar
Well I know you think I am a tree hugging liberal, so why not take it from the most trusted news program in the US. Here are the facts. The guy who is funding this thing actually worked for the Bush Administration.

We only think you're a tree hugging liberal because the things you say and advocate doing are tree hugger liberal things laugh

Watch the video again. The Imam was picked by the Bush administration to extol the merits of America to the Middle East (his recent comments about us suffering the consequences of opposing the mosque makes me think he might not have been the right guy for the job). The guy interviewed is the developer and has nothing to do with the Bush administration. Also, the guy interviewed is identified as the owner, but he's not. The actual owner of the building is an eight-member investment group led by Soho Properties, for whom El-Gamal is the CEO. Hisham Elzanaty is the single largest investor in the proposed mosque, putting up most of the $4.8 million to buy the old Burlington Coat Factory building at 45 Park Place - two blocks from Ground Zero.

Egyptian-born businessman Hisham Elzanaty contributed more than $6,000 in 1999 to the Holy Land Foundation for Relief and Development, also known as HLF, tax records show. The donations to HLF came two years before the federal government shut down the organization and designated it a terror group. Federal investigators say the group was set up as a Texas-based charity, but in fact supported Hamas.

Make of that what you will.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]