People that defend a bunch of tissue as a human life are not consistent in their approach to defending actual human life, as they don't continue defending that life in the same way once it is born as a human. Ask the same pro life people if they support paid maternity leave, universal daycare and so on. Universally they do not. I know why this is the case. Pro life people offload costs of their religious-based moralizing onto others, sometimes with dire consequences for these others. This is as un-libertarian as it gets.

Additionally, you can't effectively ban abortions, just like you can't ban drugs or alcohol. People in need would still find means. Rich people will travel to Canada or EU, poor people will go to illegal (and unsafe) clinics. In this way, banning abortions should be viewed as making abortions less safe for poor people.

Would you support if fasting on Ramadan was attempted to be made into a law, and I as an atheist only had Bacon vs. Allah supreme court decision that allowed me to eat during Ramadan? If you see this as crazy, then you shouldn't support repeal of Roe vs. Wade as there is no difference in believing that fertilized egg is a human and that you should not eat during Ramadan.

Last edited by Sini; 07/06/18 04:55 AM.

[Linked Image]