I see what you are saying Kaotic, but in this context what I was referring to is contraception education vs spending taxpayer money to preach abstinence when it is obviously ineffective, not abortion. Abortion is a different matter.

While I don't agree that a fertilized egg is a human, I can see the perspective that at some point a fetus is a human despite still residing in a womb. I don't claim to know what that point is, though I do think it should generally be a matter for individuals not gov't to decide. That being said, I generally would agree with laws preventing late-term abortions in the third term of pregnancy, disagree with laws and govt interference with 'morning after' pills and other early abortions.. and as for that middle area, I can only shrug and not hold any strong views one way or another. In any case, I won't disagree with someone who asserts that second and even first term fetus are humans - I simply disagree with their prerogative to make that decision on behalf of everyone else.

Generally speaking, teenagers who have kids not only screw up their own lives but the lives of their kids. There are exceptions to this, obviously, but it will hold true as a general socioeconomic pattern and also can be observed as a major contributor to widening gaps in terms of income and education. I don't think this was always the case, but it is in the modern economy for myriad reasons. The means of preventing people from getting prematurely pregnant are widely available when not obstructed by govt from being so, and seeing as educating people on their use and allowing them to be widely available has a strong correlation with reducing both premature pregnancy and abortion, I find it hard to understand why anyone would wish to laser in on peddling ineffective abstinence pushing.

Keep in mind I'm referring to public policy, not what someone might preach in their own church as that is their business and not mine.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)