Originally Posted by Sini
This shit again. I wonder if evangelicals still think the bargain with Trump was worth it.

Probably. Often times, few things seem more important to them than ensuring that teenage girls get pregnant, then are forced raise their kid into a life of dire poverty.

The administration has also cut funding for the Teen Pregnancy Prevention Program and made dramatic changes in favor of abstinence-oriented programs under the Title X program, which has traditionally helped cover contraceptive services for low-income women.

Because everyone knows horny teens will stop fucking simply because some middle aged adults preach abstinence at them.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3194801/

After accounting for other factors, the national data show that the incidence of teenage pregnancies and births remain positively correlated with the degree of abstinence education across states: The more strongly abstinence is emphasized in state laws and policies, the higher the average teenage pregnancy and birth rate.

Or maybe not?

I wish I knew why the evangelicals were so in love with seeing so many young lives screwed over and sent into hardship, but can only guess.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)