Originally Posted By: Sini
Originally Posted By: Derid
Theres nothing socially just about SJWs

This is exactly why this term is pejorative, and they know it. The term is effective, I recommend you use as it is more recognizable than your own invention.

Honestly this is the only place I talk politics lately. I don't even read much, outside of the front page of Politico and Atlantic. Which I still do only cause I just cant help myself.

I wouldnt think too much on it, I'm just blowing off steam. The prospect of Trump vs Hillary for real real called for some invective, and I type that shit here.

Besides, Milk Tea Partiers and SJW arent equivalent terms. Due to existence of regular Tea Party, im pretty sure anyone would get the term. Maybe not, who knows. For the record, I will stand by my usage of the term. It wasn't a neologism used for the purpose of being original, it served a specific rhetorical purpose of word association.

If I were ever to bring it to wider use, I would agree I should define it better though.

Hmm. Extremist users of selective false appeal to societal inequality for the purpose of justifying the removal of political rights from opposing ideologies. Maybe?

Like, I dont see Krugman as a SJW per se.

I'm probably gonna go quiet again soon anyhow, politics is honestly too depressing these days.

As an aside, I really do recommend you go watch Psycho Pass. I'd been meaning to mention it for years but somehow never got around to it. It's a pretty accurate depiction of society according to act utilitarianism, the good and bad. You'd probably find it interesting.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)